Impressive Pics Possible with Nexus 5 in Hands of a Pro

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus5-pro-shot-no-edits.png

Here's proof positive that knowledge, experience and expertise can trump many of the limits we might find with less than top-of-the-line technology. The Nexus 5 camera has been called its worst feature, although it is still better than most of the smartphone cameras found out there. Despite being a middle-of-the-road performer for the most part, the camera tech in the Nexus 5 can actually take some impressive pics when in the hands of a professional.

nexus5-pro-shot-android-edits.png

A professional photographer named Alexander Michelazzi, was given a Nexus 5 and he took some amazing shots with the device. To be clear many of his pics have been edited, but only using VSCO Cam or the built-in Android editor. The first pic above is supposedly an unedited Nexus 5 pic. As you can see, while the camera in the Nexus 5 doesn't compare to those shot with a professional grade DSLR device, the results indicate camera phones are getting much closer.

nexus5-pro-shot-vsco-edits.png

There were so many pics we couldn't include them all, so above are three of them in no particular order. Feel free to hit up the source link below to peruse them all, then come back and share what you think of the results.

Source: PhoneArena

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think the newest update for RAW support from the N5 camera helps a ton too. You can now adjust settings of the camera that was before pretty much on auto. I've gotten some great shots on my Note 3. Some of it was luck, some were trying to do something nice. 99% of shooting photos is the creative part in the person and seeing a good photo moment to capture.