Impressive Launcher App for Android: QQLauncher

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
qqlauncher_7-front.png

There is a fairly impressive launcher for Android available that not many of us have heard of, and it might just be better than the other launchers we are used to seeing. The app is called QQLauncher and most of the folks that have played with it never switch back to some of the usual favorites like GoLauncher. QQLauncher has built-in widgets, a custom lock screen that can be used with other themes, custom folders, personalized skins and screen-switching effects, and several custom themes available. Give it a whirl and share in the forums what you think?

Source: DroidMatters

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Gives me a GoLauncher vib.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
i made a thread about this like a month ago and nobody gave a **** haha

I don't think nobody cared, just depends on when you posted it. Sometimes when you post something, and has happened to all of us, so many new threads come in and get pushed to the bottom an unless someone is looking at that particular section.

SupAll

Reaction score
This is a nice launcher. It has a ways to go, though. You can't resize its widgets, but the coolest thing about it is the lock screen it has. It is nice to have a very quick way to go to your message, phone, or camera apps really quickly.

MasterE

Reaction score
None of the launchers I find are Xperia Play optimized! (The control pad and the X and O buttons don't work)

If anybody takes to time to answer a question, do you mind helping me? The default launcher gets old.

Darksthour

Reaction score
I used it for a bit but I think go launcher is better. Plus the lockscreen always just just opened my messaging app. Kind of annoying but it will probably will get better with updates and added features.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Does anyone else hate allowing apps to access SMS, SD card, GPS location, contact data, and identity while having the ability to send SMSes and make phone calls, all with full internet access? QQ requires all of these. GO requires all this except reading/sending SMS and GPS, which is a little better I guess. I use GO but it does bother me that it "phones home". I don't need my launcher to have internet access. I understand that some of these privileges are necessary for some functionality, but personally I don't need my launcher to do anything but launch apps and display widgets. Launcher Pro is another that asks for too much.

Look at the privileges required by a launcher like Zeam: read contacts & call phone numbers. Now that's more like it. No internet access. No chance of sending my contacts to who knows where.

Personally, I can't wait until I can ditch GO for a launcher made by a developer that is responsible about what privileges are required. Zeam and ADW are the candidates right now and as much as I like GO I'm thinking of switching just for my own peace of mind.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Curious about nemus launcher. Let me look.

Edit: seems nemus launcher isn't quite as good as zeam or adw but better than QQ in that regard.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

selex

Reaction score
Just started playing around with it after I saw this on my feeds (did see it prior but never checked it out). It looks promising, but I still prefer GoLauncher (even after I was an avid LauncherPro supporter).

Its highlight is the lock screen which Widgetlocker does. Widgetlocker is more customizable and allows widgets, so on my Droid X I have the Lock, Mute, Camera and Flashlight slides.

Widgets there are 2 so far, but if they can get a Calendar, Contacts, Facebook, Messaging, Gmail, Google+, and Google Task on it I'd be impressed (along with the last 3, last 2 I desperately want, and the 1st would be nice).

Add better skinning, and icons, more widgets it will give GoLauncher a run.

Selex