Impressions for those who are running .902

thetingster

Reaction score
Remove the update to Google search in the market and then try the search in the app drawer.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
A quick question. I'm completely stock on 893, and running Go Launcher EX. Will I need to go back to Blur to receive the update (whenever it comes), or is staying with Go sufficient?

CPKIII

Reaction score
A quick question. I'm completely stock on 893, and running Go Launcher EX. Will I need to go back to Blur to receive the update (whenever it comes), or is staying with Go sufficient?

N0.... I was running ADWLauncher EX(Otherwise full stock) and updated fine.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Alright.... so I hope it's not the software update, BUT:

My 3G connection is painfully slow.

Anyone else having issues with this?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also pissed with the new Emergency Alerts app that come with 902. Presidential alerts are MANDATORY. I don't want any alert from Obama. It'll be a lie.

Besides that....running fine :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

That was part of .901. I know that
sargentmajord got an alert, but it turned out to be an accidental test.

If running stock BLUR.. Go To App screen and perform a search... See what happens. Just saying.

Did the same as .901. I never use it so it doesn't bother me.

Alright.... so I hope it's not the software update, BUT:

My 3G connection is painfully slow.

Anyone else having issues with this?

Give it time, I've seen other posts where people notice an improvement after a bit.

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
Ive been runnning it since last night and have only seen signal drop to 3 bars. On. 901 it would rarely reach 4 bars on 4g. Also on 901 the 4g would get stuck on upload sometimes, which would basically be no data for a short time. Hoping this is cured by 902 build as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive been runnning it since last night and have only seen signal drop to 3 bars. On. 901 it would rarely reach 4 bars on 4g.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Em, the bars have nothing to do with signal strength on 3G or 4G. The bars are signal strength of the phone.

mike02vr6

Reaction score
I hope they get these updates out soon, I would install mine but I am a moron and nervous of bricking my phone...
sounds like nothing but good news with all the things they are trying to fix on the phone ( that should have been perfect on launch day)

cbrmike

Reaction score
I hope they get these updates out soon, I would install mine but I am a moron and nervous of bricking my phone...
sounds like nothing but good news with all the things they are trying to fix on the phone ( that should have been perfect on launch day)

Just do it

aaf709 has a good step by step so you cant go wrong.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
2THEXTRM,
Just curious, how are you measuring the signal strength,. or finding the reading? Been curious about that as our signal strength (I am assuming) is all over the board where I live. Thx.

My signal has been hovering around -75dBm compared to -84dBm on. 893 but haven't been able to test signal handoff yet. Other than, bloat and more bloat that i promptly froze

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
2THEXTRM,
Just curious, how are you measuring the signal strength,. or finding the reading? Been curious about that as our signal strength (I am assuming) is all over the board where I live. Thx.

Roger that, how do you get the dbm's?

Rooted and Hot Rodded running 5.9.902 DROID BIONIC

Scribble

Reaction score
Does the set your clock ahead a few months trick work? Anyone tried it?