Impressions after 9 days

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by Unbreakable1, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Unbreakable1

Unbreakable1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So after Much research I decided to go with this fone and I don't regret it... But I do have some concerns/questions
    * random restarts/shutdowns.. Had 2 or 3 restarts and 1 shutdown, is that normal? I read a post somewhere that htc was working on a fix? Or is this grounds for asking for a replacement?

* stock messaging app lag! I just read a post with some1 having the same problem.. I find that when I receive a text and I go to check it before the stock messaging app shows "1" and I click on it regardless, the conversation won't load

* no screen-on when receiving texts/emails? I get sound and flashing led but the screen stays off...can that be changed?

* I have tried Handcent and gosms briefly and they just seem to cause more lag overall but if suggested maybe ill give them another go

* battery life is ok ...I knew it could be an issue so I. was slightly prepared. First couple days were horrendous but its gotten better since and I actually have close to no coverage at my house until the network extender comes in so I know constantly searching for coverage is eating my battery alive - actually just checked my usage and even though I have charged the fone since 10 pm last night (11 am now) it says I've only been unplugged for 1 hour 20 mins? Something else to think about?

I'm also using k-9 mail and its pushing mail, can't figure out how to set it to check mail once an hour though- help?

Those are my beefs with the fone so far...I have a few more questions but ill save that for the follow up lol...
    Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thank you all!

2. happycamper515

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife and I have had Dinc2s since early June and so far zero random reboots for either of us.

I can't common on the other issues since I'm a light user and I may recharge every other day...depends more on how much I let my daughter play games on the phone.

Looking forward to Gingerbread but not sure that I need it. I just like to fiddle with new software.

3. micjmac

micjmac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am only able to comment on a few of your concerns. Let me start off by stating that I have had my phone since this past Tuesday.

1. I have not had any random shutdowns/restarts. If no one can help you with this, I would return the phone under the warranty.

2. As far as I know, the Sense UI does not provide an on-screen text notification---only sound and LED notification.

3. My only beef with the stock messaging app is when I type the same letter twice (Ex. the two p's in apple) it sometimes doesn't register the second letter. Could be user-error. Who knows?

4. The battery life is better than my enV touch, but that isn't saying much. lol. If you check one of the battery threads, I made a detailed post about my usage for one particular day and how my battery was affected. My biggest gripe with the battery is how quickly it is consumed by talking on the phone. Verizon claims 6 and a half hours of talk time per full charge, but there is no way I am getting that on my phone. With other usage such as texting and apps, I highly doubt I could get much more than 3 hours of voice usage out of my phone off a full charge.

5. I am using gmail, not k-9, and I have the same issue. I cannot find a setting that allows me to change the sync rate to every 3 hours for example. As it stands now, I believe it is just auto-syncing constantly throughout the day.

4. sandhonwheels

sandhonwheels New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    regarding the random starts/shutdowns. i got mine yesterday and i have seen this happen 3 times. however, if i pick it up in the middle of one of these restarts/shutdowns and hit the top button, the screen pops up immediately like it was just asleep

5. evan2001

evan2001 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The mail program that came with it has the ability to change then sync times and even set up to different ones for let's say weekends vs. Nights/weekends

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

6. Unbreakable1

Unbreakable1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the responses! Now that I know this isn't a widespread issue I can talk with Verizon and. Amazon wireless and see what can be done

Thanks again!