Importation of AOL email to Gmail - question

JAB 67

Reaction score
When I asked Gmail to transfer/import all my AOL email it did so, and promised that new email coming to AOL would also be transferred as they arrived. That has never happened. Any ideas what I should do? I hate having to constantly check my old AOL account for email.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Can you setup forwarding in AOL?
Haven't used AOL anything in close to 15yrs...at least.

OP
J

JAB 67

Reaction score
I don't believe that AOL supports that feature, other than to transmit incoming email as a text message to a mobile device.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you are leaving an AOL client open that is removing mail from the server before Gmail can grab it.

An entirely different solution is to use K9 to check your account.

lenwink

Reaction score
Weird AOL problem

I have no problems sending any e-mails....except....when I attempt to send an e-mail to an AOL account, it never gets sent; just sits in my outbox! I have 3 e-mails sitting there that I thought were sent. I have sent 100's of other e-mails, no problem...only AOL accounts....and no, not from an AOL account of mine....I never had one. Thanks.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no problems sending any e-mails....except....when I attempt to send an e-mail to an AOL account, it never gets sent; just sits in my outbox! I have 3 e-mails sitting there that I thought were sent. I have sent 100's of other e-mails, no problem...only AOL accounts....and no, not from an AOL account of mine....I never had one. Thanks.

Is this with the Gmail app, the Email app, or something else?

lenwink

Reaction score
Just the normal e-mail account...a pop3 account I set up.....it send to all other accounts no problem from that e-mail account. One other possibility? In all 3 e-mails to AOL not being sent, they are REPLIES to e-mails I have received from people with their AOL accounts.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score

lenwink

Reaction score
Will check out K9....am not familiar with it...the thread deals with IMAP problems and going to wrong place....mine is pop3 & just doesn't send to AOL...Thank you for your suggestions...Aloha

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, the guy in the thread is using IMAP but that doesn't mean it won't happen with POP3. I tend to think it's a problem with the mail db getting corrupted. Anyway, if that bug doesn't scare you, none of the other bugs with the stock email client will.