[IMPORTANT NOTICE] Future metiCkMod builds

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by metiCkOne, Dec 20, 2010.

1. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys,

So I told myself if my grades dropped I would take a break from Android. Sadly they have (a little). What does this mean for metiCkMod? I'm glad you asked. First thing, Davros is now a mod in the metiCkOne section and is officially part of the team. Although he has been unofficially for awhile. As far as the rom goes I haven't completely decided what I'm going to do yet and it kind of depends on what kind of feedback I get from you guys. I would like to leave the rom in the hands of up and coming rom devs/modders whatever you want to call it. I will give you guys all the tools you need to make a nice stable stockish rom and the tools to make a Frankenstein rom if you wanted. That would be up to you. If this turns into a community rom, updates and roms etc.. would not need to be approved by me. I will be available to a small group for assistance most of the week and once in awhile for everyone else if I'm needed.If this sounds appealing to you post it up in the thread.

2. removement

removement Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear about the grades. I think this is a great idea though. I am all for community. I am not a developer but am interested in theming your rom. Your rom by far is the smoothest running rom with the best battery life for my phone. I dont necessarily need all the bells and whistles but like the little touches like ad block and things of that nature.

Interested to see where this goes and if there is anything I can do by all means let me know.

Keep up the great work and the grades, an look forward to a great stable, working gingerbread!

3. lopedog

lopedog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    2nd on the adblock. But I like the idea of a community project.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. bassman1547

bassman1547 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im sad. Will you still finish your ROM with the official FRD83D release before you pass the torch?
    I do understand though. Maybe you could take back your promise to yourself to quit if grades suffer?

5. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just quit school! Or give me the addresses of all your professors & ill square this whole mess out.

6. davros

davros Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +29
    Yes we are sad but he really won't be going anywhere lol

My feelings, plan, wants, needs for metiCkMOD...... once I get a grasp of the processes and what not. Of course if this is how things go down. Nothing will change, yes the rom will go forward, until they can't any more, but metiCk's rom has been on my phone running perfectly since the day I stumbled upon it. I have alway had a current backup. Saturdays chooseing what new and next greatest rom to flash, trying them all, and come Monday morning meti's rom is back on and STABLE!

I think I'm rambleing .....

But I will not even change the name or the stablity, sure at first I may make mistakes. Who doesn't. I may make a theme or two but will cut back and leave that to the master Benny.

I'm sure I'll think of more to say .....

But I also must thank meti publicly for this and all opertunities

LONG LIVE metiCkkMOD!

7. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha

8. swallisa

swallisa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Take care of what's important first and foremost. We'll manage thru Davros's learning curve......lol

Besides it's Miui's fault!!!!

9. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
    Davros is right. I'm going to be less active but he's going to keep it going. Ill make sure it doesn't die.

10. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    dam i thought you were going to announce your done with 2.2 and moving on to gingerbread. i too will be sad to see you go. your roms have been on both my droids since i stumbled upon you in this forum. by far the smoothest i have found. i have tested and pulled apart from the beginning i think i may have been your first customer. i will do what i can to help out. best of luck, see you on twitter and gtalk. peace and love peace and love......

11. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    metiCk, it's been great talking with you regarding MIUI and MMod. I'm excited to see where this will go and you've left a great guy at the helm.

On a side note, I'd love to help when I can. Testing, whatever.

Merry Christmas if I don't talk to you all.

12. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I understand where you're coming from M1...you gotta keep those grades up. Do what you have to do...real life comes first.
    Sometimes a little break is a good thing. I just hope you have enough interest left to stick around with us for a while.
    I do have to ask though...will this also affect your contributions to Miui?
    Or are you thinking you can handle Miui but not do your own thing...

I have to thank you for your involvement here. I must've come along at the right time, cause I became a fan of yours shortly after I found this forum...and I've always loved your work.

And congrats to you Davros!
    You are certainly deserving with the efforts you have put in for us my friend.

13. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    MetiCk, thanks for your work and special thanks for your helpful attitude. The grades are important, school is like ur job and grades ur performance evaluation.
    You seem to enjoy development so you do it well. Good luck and have fun.

14. pistacio

pistacio Member

Ratings:
    +5
    The only "non-stock" ROM I ever flashed...'nuff said.

15. infinity8x3

infinity8x3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dang now where am i going to get the cleanest rooted stock roms on the planet? :(

And if the m1mod goes community how is it going to achieve what it set out to do? And that is being stocky but better than plain stock threw subtle changes that are only there to improve performance and battery life.

If it goes community every one will wanna add there pieces and the rom will become a Frankenstein which is what I thought m1mod was against.

I just don't want m1mod to lose its roots and be just like all the other roms with more bloat than good. (no disrespect to other dev's)