Important LiMod poll. Please Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i disagree. while the dev'rs may not haven chosen the path that many of us wanted, Insane's comments show that "our voice was heard," and that they will be taking the rom in the direction desired by this thread. reading between the lines, it seems there is some healthy debate behind the scenes as to what to do with LithMod. that tells me that they all care about what they put out, and want to make it as original as possible. in the end, i think we will all greatly benefit from that.

...and if i'm wrong, then you won't be forced to use it.

So, what was the point of this poll?

This thread needs to be closed since the poll was useless...

Well.. I guess I'm glad at least ONE of the devs give a damn what his users want...

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Team lithium isnt against its users we are trying to do the best thing for everyone. mods if you need to close this thread cause even though i have mod i cant. everyone have a nice day.

Bdog

Reaction score
I fail to see the logic in "they have a head start, so let's stick to that. We're not lazy, we just don't want to try and do something else better"

Microsoft has 10+ years experience in online communications, but that doesn't stop Sony or Nintendo from doing things their own way. They don't take XBL and bloating it with "their own touch."

Ford is one of the first car manufacturers out there, but you don't see every other newer car manufacturer copying their models.

2 minutes in Google, and I can add 20 more things to this list.

I understand that my rants and arguments are in vain, and this is my last post inside of LithiumMod. I hope you guys have fun being yet another copycat ROM with different colors.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
I fail to see the logic in "they have a head start, so let's stick to that. We're not lazy, we just don't want to try and do something else better"

Microsoft has 10+ years experience in online communications, but that doesn't stop Sony or Nintendo from doing things their own way. They don't take XBL and bloating it with "their own touch."

Ford is one of the first car manufacturers out there, but you don't see every other newer car manufacturer copying their models.

2 minutes in Google, and I can add 20 more things to this list.

I understand that my rants and arguments are in vain, and this is my last post inside of LithiumMod. I hope you guys have fun being yet another copycat ROM with different colors.
android is open source. the things you listed are not. heres a good example of people working together on open source projects.

ubuntu=a very popular open source linux distro.

there are alot of other distros that use ubuntu's source and adding to it for there own distro. and you may be thinking thats steating. no its not, ubuntu takes some of what those people have done and put it in their distro to make IT BETTER. lithium mod and cyanogenMod are the same thing.

Reaction score
I fully believe that the LithiumMod team knows what they're doing and will bring us users the best rom possible. I've always been a huge fan of JRummy, and having a group of devs working together including him is just amazing. I cant wait to see where this amazing rom goes.

captdroid

Reaction score
I suppose the question is just how much LithiumMod is based on CM...

Good write up what makes AOSP built Sapphire different which is based on new vendor/device setup: start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
For those of you that actually care, and what to see facts, take a look at this.

This is the CyanogenMod repo manifest. This is what developers use to download all the source files to compile Android OS with CM mods. Please notice how many of these projects are actually from the CM github. I'll tell you. It's 64. Now notice how many are from platform (which is AOSP from Google's servers). It's 109.

The CyanogenMod Source is 109 projects from AOSP that are untouched and 64 projects that the CM team have forked and added mods.

The main things in the CM repo that interest us are the frameworks, hardware, and external projects. We are also interested in a few key packages in their repo as well, but not on a "kang" level.

Using the CM source means we will be using (roughly) 30% CM and 70% AOSP. And this is ONLY A BASE TO START WITH. After the first few releases we will be so far forked from CM that the two wont be comparable anymore.

Using CM is indeed "paving our own path" as so many of you have advised. We are not going to be a clone of CM, not on our first release, or any thereafter.

And on that note, I am closing this thread..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.