IMPORTANT in regards to wireless tethering

Calla969

Reaction score
I believe he's saying that he doesn't have to tether anymore because the Bionic is so capable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mach330

Reaction score
is it really $25 for unlimited tether? i thought it was $20 for 2G?

w-r-g

Reaction score
rooted bionic so wireless tether or not?

I just got my Bionic today and rooted it and have messed around with it and it is quite nice. I used open garden wifi in the past and it works very nice and I tried it on the Bionic and it works fine as well. All I did was open the app and made sure it worked. What is safe to use now is my question? I read the threads about tracking etc...should I use the mysql hack and the stock wifi tether or is the open garden wifi ok to use? I will never use 2GB as all I do is email and web while on the road but fast wifi from the phone make it easy and nice when I want it.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fios is way faster than 4g... and the uploads speeds are way better. I get 50 down and and 35 up and my ping is alot lower.

Probably isnt that big of a deal if you dont download torrents and play games

My 4G LTE connection on my phone is most definitely faster than my FIOS connection in all ways aside from ping time. Not all of us are on the higher tiers of FIOS service.

My FIOS is ~16-20 down, ~4-6 up. Generally speaking, my 4G connection easily surpasses that.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think its a special for those still on unlimited or something like that

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

If I sign into My Verizon, I can add it as a feature for $30, not $25. And I am still on unlimited, so I am not sure where the $25 figure is coming from.

M

Mullensbb

Exactly fios is faster if you pay for their top internet plan which is like 100 dollars a month. Their lower tiered plans are like 5 down and 15 down and 4 g easily surpasses that like the previous poster said.

And yes I dud download two torrents from kickass torrents using utorrent. One hd and one dvdrip, the hd one took about 45 minutes and the dvdrip took about 20. So if you are not on fios 100 dollar internet plan then 4g is better.

Yes if you are grandfathered in or on unlimited data its 24.99 for unlimited tether

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mullensbb

I did it online and had the 30 dollar figure crossed out with a 24.99 underneath it

M

Mullensbb

Sorry bud maybe you missed out but it's legit