Import MS Works Calendar data into Google Calendar?

jackmccarron

Reaction score
How can I import MS Works Calendar data into Google Calendar on my Droid X?

Works can export it's calendar data to x.vcs, html, and tab delimited files only. Google calendar cant import those, but can import x.ics and comma separated values (csv) files.

Is there a converter or something that will allow me to do it using this extra step?

Age of Tiger

Reaction score
@jackmccarron

I have not tired it because I don't have MS Works Calendar.

However, I can tell you that THE ONLY difference between a tab delimeted file and a .csv (comma seperated file) are that instead of the data being spaced appart by a tab they're seperated by commas.

So... I would recommend you do the export from MS Works calendar into tab delimeted, then place commas everywhere you see a tab created. Then save the file and import it into Google Calendar.

I know it may be a time consuming process depending on how many calendar entries you have, but it might be worth it to do it once and be done.

Another option is to use a free program like this that will do the conversion for you. An option I'd consider if there is a lot of information in your file. CSV file editor, for Windows

Anyway, I hope that helps

OP
jackmccarron

jackmccarron

Reaction score
Hi AofT - Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try.

Jack

@jackmccarron

I have not tired it because I don't have MS Works Calendar.

However, I can tell you that THE ONLY difference between a tab delimeted file and a .csv (comma seperated file) are that instead of the data being spaced appart by a tab they're seperated by commas.

So... I would recommend you do the export from MS Works calendar into tab delimeted, then place commas everywhere you see a tab created. Then save the file and import it into Google Calendar.

I know it may be a time consuming process depending on how many calendar entries you have, but it might be worth it to do it once and be done.

Another option is to use a free program like this that will do the conversion for you. An option I'd consider if there is a lot of information in your file. CSV file editor, for Windows

Anyway, I hope that helps