IMO swype dropped the Ball

kygator1

Reaction score
JUst a quick note see if anybody has same issue and has found solution yet.I have done a quick read and can't find anything that has helped me,even swype team imo has dropped the ball here.I have tryed everything that i can to reinstall the beta and I'm still getting max number of uses screen,I have emailed swype three times and they told me that they reset my account and do want the faq says to do I tryed that four times, and I was loving swype from day one and was willing to even pay for it when it goes public,But i have moved on to other swipe style keyboards. any way just felt like getting some input and seeing what else somebody might have to say.

bbohannon

Reaction score
JUst a quick note see if anybody has same issue and has found solution yet.I have done a quick read and can't find anything that has helped me,even swype team imo has dropped the ball here.I have tryed everything that i can to reinstall the beta and I'm still getting max number of uses screen,I have emailed swype three times and they told me that they reset my account and do want the faq says to do I tryed that four times, and I was loving swype from day one and was willing to even pay for it when it goes public,But i have moved on to other swipe style keyboards. any way just felt like getting some input and seeing what else somebody might have to say.

What exactly is the problem that you must re-install? Is it not giving you download permission after the new beta version released? I had a few issues getting mine to install properly today but after visiting their website I was able to get it up and working. I forgot to uninstall the old swype installer AND application. Further, my phone required a reboot for swype to actually work.

OP
K

kygator1

Reaction score
I have uninstalled all my old version and old installers and downloaded new installer and when i log in to download new beta it says i have used my max number of uses and emailed them and they said they redid my account and cleared it out and if i have troublesto read faq well duh i did and still no luck downloading. im at a loss

MJ5150

Reaction score
Swype will not be made available to the public to purchase once the beta is all wrapped up.

-Mike

Stretch2m

Reaction score

After the last Swype beta expired, when I tried to install the new beta, it said "Swype is already installed". Yeah, I know there's a solution to that, but aside from being fed up with having to jump through these absurd hoops to continue participation in their beta, it occurred to me that at the conclusion of the beta, they're not planning on giving us a Market option anyway - they are just planning to deal with OEM licensing, so I'll be left without a legal Swype option entirely. Since each swipe-style keyboard takes a lot of getting used to, I decided it would be better to spend the time getting familiar with Shapewriter, and so far I'm pretty happy with it. Having said that, I did like Swype, so if an official version ever hits the Market I would probably give it a try, but I don't think that's going to happen.

OP
K

kygator1

Reaction score
thanks Mj I thought i had read that shame good product and yea stretch I'm with you have already started using other programs. thanks for imput.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO swype dropped the Ball
I can see your point but it is a beta. I'd feel differently if you were an officially licensed customer.

I haven't run into this particular issue or read about anyone who has. Have you Googled around at all?