IMAP SSL Email Doesn't Update

M

Matth3w

I have it set to check every hour and it never notifies me and never works.

If I go in and manually check it, it works - sometimes. Otherwise it doesn't.

For example...this morning, I pick up my phone and check my notifications...nothing whatsoever from the email client. I go into the email client, no messages there either. I manually "load more messages" and bam I have 8 emails ranging from 1 hour old to 7 hours old, none of which that got downloaded throughout the night.

I can't forward my mail from my IMAP to GMail even if I wanted to, which I don't. That's not a solution, that's a workaround.

Istus

Reaction score
You can actually have Gmail pull email from IMAP. You have to configure it through Gmail, not the IMAP client.

I have seen this problem as well. I'm actually getting some odd behavior now with my email client. When I pull up the email app and go into either my POP3 or IMAP email, it gives the the loading animation in the upper right, just below the status bar. Its been there for some time as I've checked periodically over the past few hours. I've logged into the web clients for each of those emails and have 7 new emails in my IMAP and 6 new emails in my POP3 account. Refreshing is on and is set to every 5 minutes in the email app for each account. I do have 3g reception (3 bars) but not WiFi currently. My phone has been in the multimedia dock all day sitting at my desk.

That said, I've had weird behavior where I won't get notifications for a long while and then all of a sudden have 20 new emails. Any advice?

OP
M

Matth3w

I really don't want to mix GMail with my other client. For one, I'm not sure they would even allow it considering one of them is a government email client.

Two, I get a ton of spam to my government address which is why I have it set to only check once an hour...usually the stuff that comes through isn't as important. I don't want it coming through GMail.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really don't want to mix GMail with my other client. For one, I'm not sure they would even allow it considering one of them is a government email client.

Two, I get a ton of spam to my government address which is why I have it set to only check once an hour...usually the stuff that comes through isn't as important. I don't want it coming through GMail.

FYI Gmail has one of the best spam cleaning devices around.

OP
M

Matth3w

Does it completely eliminate the spam or do you still see it with some tag (like the Army does [SUSPECTED SPAM] blah blah, but doesn't remove the email from the inbox, you still have to delete it)? Also, could I just reverse it if I was getting spammed all the time via the other email client?