IMAP & POP3 Woes...

Pinellastek

Reaction score
Just picked up a D2 yesterday and am having the following issues with my mail server...

While using the POP3 settings the emails all come through with the incorrect date of December 31, 1969. (My Calendar seems to be fine, and I'm using Google Sync w/o issue on date / time.)

If I switch to using the IMAP, the from fields are all jacked up and don't match who the sender is.

This all worked fine on my old BB, but I don't wanna go back to black. Any thoughts?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just picked up a D2 yesterday and am having the following issues with my mail server...

While using the POP3 settings the emails all come through with the incorrect date of December 31, 1969. (My Calendar seems to be fine, and I'm using Google Sync w/o issue on date / time.)

If I switch to using the IMAP, the from fields are all jacked up and don't match who the sender is.

This all worked fine on my old BB, but I don't wanna go back to black. Any thoughts?

Switch to K-9 as a mail app (Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code). The native mail app is junk and nobody uses it. Good luck.

OP
P

Pinellastek

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Do you know if it gives notifications in the Messages widget?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Do you know if it gives notifications in the Messages widget?

I don't know about a/the Messages Widget. I tend to stay away from most widgets. I get mail notifications via the flashing LED and in the pull down notifications bar at the top of the screen.

OP
P

Pinellastek

Reaction score
Ok, fair enough, like seeing a snippit of most recent messages on the home screen, but I may have to deal with it. Thanks again for the help K9 seems to be working fine.