IMAP account is crashing my Email app

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by bgrubb7, Nov 23, 2009.

1. bgrubb7

bgrubb7 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    My IMAP account is crashing my Email App. When I open a email or when it is checking with the server for new ones, I get a "The application (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

If I change my account settings to POP it works fine. The problem is IMAP worked just fine for the first 2 weeks I had the phone and now it just started doing this. I though maybe it was another app that was conflicting, so I uninstalled every app that I had installed since I started having issues, but that hasn't changed anything.

I really don't want to go back to POP, what gives?

2. bgrubb7

bgrubb7 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks to Skurvy_Pirate over on the Howard forums for this fix:

In the incoming server settings I had to add "~/mail" in the prefix field at the very bottom. Fixed my problem. I definitely did not have to do this before last weekend, but for whatever reasons it is needed now. Your path may be different, but I believe that is the default path for most IMAP accounts.

No more POP3 for me!:icon_ banana:

3. themans23

themans23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok i am having the same error for both my Yahoo account and my corporate email account... on my yahoo account i did what bgrubb7 said about the "~/mail" in the prefix field but that did not solve the problem. and i do not know what to do about that one or the corporate email account... my Gmail account works just fine though... any suggestions?

4. themans23

themans23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok i found a solution on another site, it worked for me, hopefully it doesnt keep happening though.

5. gstreez

gstreez New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having trouble with my Yahoo e-mail, but have two other accounts set up successfully.... if I do this will it clear the settings on my other e-mail accounts?

Seems like it might help, but I don't really want to have to start over with the other accounts.

Search tags for this page

android email app crashes

android email app crazhes settings

android imap crash

imap crash samsung
imap crashes my andriod email