Imagio vs Droid vs Omnia 2????

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ptrip, Feb 8, 2010.

1. ptrip

ptrip New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have an LG Dare ... LOVE IT! Except for the part that it doesn't sync my Outlook Calendar and Contacts. I found a program (SyncCell) that worked until my computer was upgraded to 64-bit XP and now it only works 20% of the time.

Anyhoo ...

How I use my phone:

-As a phone
    -As an MP3 player
    -As a phonebook
    -Calendar
    -To check webmail
    -To check Facebook
    -As a GPS map (LOVE VZ Nav!)
    -The occasional text
    -As a time-waster when waiting for things

I have friends pushing the Droid. But I'm not sure I like the capacitive only screen. Sometimes you want the pin-point accuracy a stylus (or fingernail) will get you ... or sometimes you don't want to take off your gloves! This really is a 90% deal breaker. I'm ready to say "no" if my other options are at least "almost" as good. (and obviously I haven't completely discounted it or I wouldn't be asking for your guys' opinions!)

But I do like my games. I'm a puzzle/simple game person. Solitaire, Sudoku, kid games, etc. Nothing terribly fancy.

I'm also woo-ed by the other apps out there...bar code scanner (which I've seen on more than just the Droid), etc.

Thoughts?

(MODS ... if this is in the wrong area please move!)

2. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use my phone for all of the above also. I had the orginal samsung omnia and that was not doing the trick. Then i went and got the imagio... Did OK but suffers in the mem management area. The droid HANDS DOWN is the best device I have used so far. It will not sync with outlook, but you can export your contacts and import them to gmail. Then your droid syncs your contacts 100% of the time. I would and do recommend the droid to anyone getting a new phone.

Oh and the screen sensitivity thing... Sometimes i complain because this screen is too sensitive. And so far I have not needed a stylus once. If you do the droid has a D-Pad to scroll around to checkboxes and whatnot

Edit- Google nav blows VZW nav out of the water... And its FREE

#2 knotbeerdan, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  3. ptrip

ptrip New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the Droid could sync with Outlook? The IT gal here does it ... I believe.

4. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can all you need is a third party app from the marketplace. And you have to know your server settings. I do not think it is free though. I tried one today and it could not connect due to not having our certs installed on our servers
    that is for e-mail at least. I have found an app today that lets me sync my calendar and contacts with gmail its called companion link

#4 knotbeerdan, Feb 8, 2010
  5. CBLJazz

CBLJazz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The dare is what i call an intelligent dumb phone.
    Once you enter the smartphone world it's a whole other arena.
    intelligent phones can do smart thhings but at the endof the day they're not a smartphone.

the droid is my 1st smartphone and am shocked at how amazing the difference between this and my old phone is.Although i don't like paying for the data plan, everything i used to work at on my voyager/ env touch just works seemlessly on the droid.

Get ready to finally rest.

6. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is no resting with a smartphone. This is my third and once we get a stable platform that will be around for a while all kinds of roms will pop up (windows mobile slang) then your phone changes once a month/day/week. The point is you may not realize it now but your hooked on a type of drug now :icon_ devil: Time to face facts you are in for a wild ride of modding and showing your phone off. :icon_ banana: :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

7. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I actually had the Imagio, until it kept wanted me to align the screen. Then the Droid came out and I was within the 30 day remorse policy. So, I decided to check it out, and am so glad that the Imagio had issues otherwise I wouldn't have look at this phone. Heck, I even bought one for my wife so we could use Google Voice and Talk. Then came the rooting and installing custom ROMS. That is the one things I wanted to do on the boring Imagio. Not a big fan of WM 6.5

I also use a program called Google Calendar Sync.

#7 thebowers, Feb 8, 2010
Search tags for this page

omnia 2 export contacts

root htc imagio