I'm very worried

LordKastle

Reaction score
Might as well post in here.. this forum is the melting pot of all Android phones and not just related to one single brand.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
droidwannabe,

very well put. Poeple are all over the Droid when they see it. Besides, when you don't want bad things to happen to your droid; don't take it with you to social gatherings. I can only recommend leaving it in your car while getting your drink on. However, Moroccan people in Amsterdam might smell the droid from a mile away and break into your car - All risks considered: Leave your droid at home when partying. Take your old nokia

picdump-04.jpg

take ye olde nokia ^^

mcm180

Reaction score
droidwannabe,

very well put. Poeple are all over the Droid when they see it. Besides, when you don't want bad things to happen to your droid; don't take it with you to social gatherings. I can only recommend leaving it in your car while getting your drink on. However, Moroccan people in Amsterdam might smell the droid from a mile away and break into your car - All risks considered: Leave your droid at home when partying. Take your old nokia

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH yeah .. for sure! I try to be sensitive to those around me ... cuz if I whip it out .. you can bet 19.99 that somebody is gonna wanna see it, hold it. ( the phone people ... the phone!)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I wouldn't worry. You said the phone runs great so nothing happened.

Don't be paranoid : )

It's fine

OP
E

exxi

Reaction score
The super mod is right. It would have been smart to make sure its dry before turning it on again. I've also read about minerals from the liquid that might reside in my phone and make it less durable. I think I'm just going to use it until it breaks and trade it in for a replacement at Vodafone. That's the advantage of having a good cell provider who doesn't seem to care much for checking phones thoroughly

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Just a point of view cereal....i couldnt afford another one so id make sure its REALLY through ;)
I agree Tigger I'm only telling him to stop being paranoid.

He kept saying "I'm paranoid"

Hey Cereal... "I'm broke".... can you tell me to stop that and maybe it'll work? :icon_ devil: lol
Well if you're actually broke I can't help you with that BUT if you have money in in savings ....stop being paranoid : )

MrTommy

Reaction score
Let's hope a little moisture won't shut down the phone

I'd like to believe that the droid is equipped to take light spillage such as Rain, the occasional drop you know. Hopefully I am right

Yeah, me too. Cripes, I hate to think if it's raining or snowing outside, I have to leave my phone home and look for a pay phone or internet cafe. If they're that sensitive, some more work needs to be done by Motorola. Maybe they need to look into those "mil-specs" they use for government contracts and port them over to the civilian market.

Now obviously you don't go scuba diving with your Droid, but c'mon...:icon_eek:

OP
E

exxi

Reaction score
MrTommy,

I think that the Droid ain't more sensitive to water than any other phone really. They must be made to withstand a few drops of water. If not, the droid is a really ****ty phone. I don't want to be the one to test this though =) From my experience, and that is, some liquids on the surface of the phone, the droid did pretty well. Its not affected at all!

LosAngeles

Reaction score
I had rain drops fall on my phone and it is running just fine. Also my brother who owns the Droid was using Qik while snowboarding and the phone fell into the snow after someone ran into him. I'm sure these phones will be fine as long as you dont drop it into the toilet or let it go swimming.

But if you feel worried about it maybe you should do as some people have suggested with the bag of rice