I'm very worried

exxi

Reaction score
Droid General Discussions General Motorola Droid Discussions / General Verizon Droid

Droid General Discussions General Motorola Droid Discussions / General Verizon Droid Discussions

Last edited:

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey,

liquids are a problem, even if they are not much.
The only thing you can and should do on this one, is to take out
the battery, the simcard and de sd card,and put the device in a bowl
of unboiled rice and put it on the heater!

Leave that for like 1 or 2 days, that should get out the liquids.
As long as the phone runs smooth, it may not be a problem, but it can!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Drunking Droiding...not good.

Best of Luck.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
You didnt understand me. I had an Motorazr years ago, and it went wet. Not real wet, but a little. It worked 3 days, then i traveled by plain and got it in my bag. when i tried to start, i couldnt, techichian said it got wet. See the point?

For a 480€ device, i would take the 2 day lack of a phone and try getting liquids out as good as i can!

Your choice! :)
Tigger

LordKastle

Reaction score
Don't worry...it probably will have no affect on the phone. Nothing more than a couple of rain drops while rushing in from a rainstorm.

If you want to be safe put it in a bowl of rice for a day just to be conservative but if it is still functioning it is likely to be okay...but like RinTinTigger said, you won't know for sure.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
And not that any of this matters...He said it happened 2 days ago, possible 3 by now....whats done is done...

daddyd302

Reaction score
I hope you have insurance. I don't think they're gonna let you replace it if there's any signs of water damage. Well that's how it's here in the U.S, I'm not sure about how they do things over there.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
I hope you have insurance. I don't think they're gonna let you replace it if there's any signs of water damage. Well that's how it's here in the U.S, I'm not sure about how they do things over there.

Just the same, thats why there are the watermarks....
but he may be lucky if the little liquids was not dripping on those!

droidwannabe

Reaction score
For all of you who didn't read the Motorola fine print; taking your Droid to a social gathering where alcohol (or any other liquid for that matter) is present, voids the warranty.

sorry man. :)

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Tigger also German huh? Great, so do you have the droid or the milestone? mine is actually a milestone but the community for the Milestoners is not very big yet so I post here.

Luckily the water-markers have not been affected by the splatter on my device and I don't think that any liquids have made it INTO the system for that matter. The only thing I am really worried about is the external speaker and the Mic. I tested both and they seem fine. The spilled drink was a vodka redbull; so it's very sticky and I am imagining that the sticky substance has made it onto my external speaker and mic; making them vibrate less and hence not transmit or emit to the extend they have been engineered to. Hopefully those are just imaginations and after a while I will be less obsessed. In any case, the guys from Vodafone are pretty relaxed about exchanging devices. They don't even bother sending it in. They tell me to keep my phone until they receive the new replacement and just trade it in. I've done it plenty of times with no problems at all. It also helps to be a platinum member.

I do have a milestone ;)
Nice at you beeing platinum, i only make it to silver anyways, so i hope
it works out for you and your stoney!

Tigger

OP
E

exxi

Reaction score
droidwannabe,

very well put. Poeple are all over the Droid when they see it. Besides, when you don't want bad things to happen to your droid; don't take it with you to social gatherings. I can only recommend leaving it in your car while getting your drink on. However, Moroccan people in Amsterdam might smell the droid from a mile away and break into your car - All risks considered: Leave your droid at home when partying. Take your old nokia