1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I'm stuck! (rooted tb issues)

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Hacks' started by _33, Jun 4, 2011.

1. _33

_33 New Member

So, I DL'ed CM7 to give that a try. Everything went well, but my battery life seemed a little worse than what I was getting. I tried to install a new kernal, but got stuck on the HTC screen. This is where I screw up!

I pull the battery and boot into h-boot. I accidentally hit the volume up button and it starts installing something. I wait it out, hoping all would be well. All is not well. It keeps sticking on the HTC screen. Now when I boot into h-boot, I have the option of installing an update or just rebooting.

I did make a proper backup, but I don't have the option to install it.

Does anyone have any ideas???
  2. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

Don't install the PG05IMG in the bootloader. Press down for no, then select recovery from the list to get into CW then restore a back up or put a new kernel on that way

Sent from my ADR6400L
  3. _33

_33 New Member

When I select down, it only gives me the option to reboot. No option for recovery.
  4. _33

_33 New Member

Is it picking up some zip on my SD card? If so, can I delete them and maybe get the recovery option?

It shows the menu for it when I first enter h-boot, boot I can't scroll through it. Then it just goes to the update thing.
  5. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

What was flashed when u pressed up the first time? After u downloaded the kernel u renamed it to PG05IMG.ZIP right?

Sent from my ADR6400L
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  6. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

Depending on which way u rooted, unless u removed the previous pg05img, and renamed the kernel to that before flashing, u may have unrooted ur phone that's y u can't get into CW

when ur in the bootloader does it say S-OFF at the top??

Sent from my ADR6400L
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  7. _33

_33 New Member

Jeeez... so here's what happened....

I removed my SD card and slipped into my OG Droid. Went into SPR and mounted USB mass storage. Removed ALL the zips I had on it. Went back into h-boot and it gave me the option for restore. Restored, and all is good

I've never really used the recovery or h-boot on my TB. I loaded a ROM awhile back and haven't changed.

So, whenever I go into h-boot it will automatically try to update from my SD card?

Thanks a bunch jimmydene84!
  8. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

It will ALWAYS search for a file named PG05IMG.ZIP so if ur flashing a kernel, radio, or full system that's y it has to be named that. So after u r done flashing whatever in hoot first thing I always go into root explorer (astro will work swell) and just but a .BAK extension on to it (PG05IMG.ZIP.BAK) and make sure all is well before I delete it. As long as nothing reads PG05IMG.ZIP u should be able to select recovery from hoot :)

Sent from my ADR6400L
  9. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

Sent from my ADR6400L
  10. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

Whoops !

Sent from my ADR6400L