Im Stuck need Help!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by NewCreation, Jan 11, 2011.

1. NewCreation

NewCreation New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So i tried to re flash my Droid since the internet and any apps that needed internet just stopped working. I had originally paid a Cricket dealer to flash it and I lost my receipt and its been over a month so I wasn't counting on them being much help other than to charge me to flash it again. I followed a tutorial from Howard forums that Ive seen posted in a lot of other places and people have had success with....but i seemed to have lost the 3g capability and this phone just doesn't do anything good on 1x. So I tried to do it again and still no luck. I tried to root it again which was probably stupid on my part since im a newbie to this stuff and now I dont know what I did exactly but my phone is reset pretty much now and I cant even get wi fi it says unable to start wi fi when I try to turn it on...still stuck on 1x and no 3g I cant download any apps from market or use internet at all so now I have a retarded smart phone thats only good for making phone calls and sending text messages....not even picture messages.....I was hoping someone here might know a way I can fix this...ive tried several sbf files with no change. I know theres probably some way to get it right but im new like i said.....thanks in advance to any suggestions.

2. PARick

PARick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you done a data wipe and factory reset?

3. xixgrimmxix

xixgrimmxix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the wifi thing come up before too... I reset the phone n haven't ever again thank god...

I noticed in ur settings there is a choice area that gives u the type of signal u wanna receive. 1x evdo or 3g. U could also check that to see if somethin ain't rite there

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
    samsung fascinate <rooted>

4. NewCreation

NewCreation New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i did a reset....and lost all my apps including the clockwork mod and autostart which i cant get now that my phone wont log on to internet or market....

@ xixgrimmxix

Im on a Moto Droid and have no idea where the settings are to switch from "1x evdo" or "3g"...ive never seen that setting...are you sure your talking about a Droid too?

i did enable data roaming and its showing i have a 3g signal now but it still wont connect to market or internet and wants me to set up my google account when i try but it wont connect and says i have a problem and that my phone may not be provisioned for data services. I tried *228 to program my phone but nothing still.

5. PARick

PARick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I think I would try unrooting it. There are plenty of guides her on how to do that. Once unrooted, I would do a factory reset with data and cache wipe.

6. NewCreation

NewCreation New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok let me see if i can do that then. thanks

7. NewCreation

NewCreation New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im still having trouble finding any guide to unroot that doesnt require me to have a mod i dont have...maybe im looking in the wrong place...if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated...

8. xixgrimmxix

xixgrimmxix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Z4root... is a one click unroot.

Menu, settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks (on the bottom), system select. Make sure its on digital hybrid mode.

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
    samsung fascinate <rooted>

9. NewCreation

NewCreation New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i never got around to trying z4root until today (just had a baby so been real busy) but according to the instructions i have to use a file manager on my phone which i dont have and i cant use the market to download one....any suggestions?

Or does anyone know a way I can fix my phone without needing any mods or anything I have to dl off market since i cant dl and have no wifi still.

10. D_H

D_H New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you make any nandroid backups when your market was working?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

11. sayindo

sayindo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can help u maybe we can exchange some info

You first need cdma workshop and th latest prl for crickets 3g if any questions email me chrisds0@yahoo.com

Search tags for this page
cricket 3g not working

cricket phone wont connect to internet

cricket stuck on 1x

factory data reset now internet doesnt work cricket

flashed motorola photon to cricket data conexion dont work t
how to root a fascinate without losing the cricket flash
internet stop working after a hard reset on flashed droid in
internet wont work on flashed cricket phone how do i fix it
lose cricket if i factory reset
will unrooting fix droid dna stuck in data roaming