I'm starting to hate my original Droid by Motorola

kptphalkon

Reaction score
To clarify, the d2 ships with the same 1 ghz omap as the x (3630), the d2g is the only (single core) phone as of now stock clocked higher than 1 ghz...personally tho i believe they are all the same exact model with different yields and a different number...someone can get their dx/d2 to 1.4, yet i am lucky to run 1.25

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
I keep looking for a new phone. I check out the stats on the hardware and find out these 1 ghz processors don't go any faster than my 550 MHz omap can do.

Nate

Your dreaming. The 550mhz chip is garbage in comparison to any 1gz for obvious reasons. It may have been fast wayy back when the D1 came out but its a dinosaur now. The D1 CRAWLS. Esp when running 2.2 or higher. I don't blame u for hating ur phone. Ida upgraded by now.

Sent from my GB Incredible

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is the very reason I haven't upgraded yet. While these new devices are VERY nice they are not enough to make me want to upgrade.

A handset will come along that will change my mind I'm sure but as of yet that hasn't happened. Here's to hoping : )

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I thought this is already common knowledge by now . The frequency of a processor isn't all that matters . For example an old AMD Quad-Core clocked at 3 GHz has only 25% the power of a newer i7 clocked at 2.2 GHz and it's even slower than the new SandyBridge or AMD Fusion architecture . Architecture and efficiency has a lot to do with how fast a processor is .

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Its like everything else....you may not care about a 4.3in screen.....but doesnt mean someone else wont. I personally hate the smaller screen of the D1. But thats my personal opinion.

After using a flip phone for so many years, the D1 looked HUGE to me. ;)

johnnieeve

Reaction score
My stock Droid has been just fine these past 15 months. I like it alot. I'm waiting in hopes someone will develop a physical keyboard slider with all the goodies including a bigger screen (4.3"+). Wishful thinking maybe, but one can hope.

struong57

Reaction score
Obviously, a bigger screen means more on it.....its not just for vids. I can have 6 rows easily on my X and everything is still very clear and readable.

Also, surfing the web is much much easier on the slightly bigger screen. Sure a laptop is optimum, but Im not carrying that around all day for the instance I need to look something up.

Its like everything else....you may not care about a 4.3in screen.....but doesnt mean someone else wont. I personally hate the smaller screen of the D1. But thats my personal opinion.

Excellent point!

nmos

Reaction score
A 4"+ screen with a slide out keyboard would be pretty easy to mistake for a brick.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App