I'm starting to hate my original Droid by Motorola

nateccnn

Reaction score
I keep looking for a new phone. I check out the stats on the hardware and find out these 1 ghz processors don't go any faster than my 550 MHz omap can do. Why did they make this phone so easy to modify? I want a new phone but I can't find anything I like better. Whaaa!

Dual core processors and 4 g look tempting though. How long before there is a phone on the market that makes me part with my cash?

Nate

Dan_08

Reaction score
So it's a love hate..? Do what I'm gonna do, keep enjoying the droid, and get one of the new Tablet's to curb the tech appetite. When your board with that I'm sure the rumor of the Nexus Droid will come true.

cpjr

Reaction score
My X is overclocked to 1.45ghz, dont see a D1 going that high stable. The D2 comes with 1.2ghz out of the box. Of course there is ALOT more to consider than just processor speed.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I keep looking for a new phone. I check out the stats on the hardware and find out these 1 ghz processors don't go any faster than my 550 MHz omap can do. Why did they make this phone so easy to modify? I want a new phone but I can't find anything I like better. Whaaa!

Dual core processors and 4 g look tempting though. How long before there is a phone on the market that makes me part with my cash?

Nate

Have you played with any other phone other than your Droid ? Pretty much everything released last year is faster than the Droid , some of them are really big improvements . How about the Thunderbolt ? I recommend you should try My Touch 4G from T-Mobile , it has the same processor with the TB . Even though it's a 1 GHz , it's light years ahead of the Droid .

struong57

Reaction score
I've had the D1 since launch and feel the same way. I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 4 next week. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had the D1 since launch and feel the same way. I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 4 next week. :)

I'm getting a iPhone too. I can't wait to see how much hate I get. :D

lol, I'm just kidding, sort of. I am a bit curious about the iPhone 5. But I will see what else is around at that time as well.

cpjr

Reaction score

I'm getting a iPhone too. I can't wait to see how much hate I get. :D

lol, I'm just kidding, sort of. I am a bit curious about the iPhone 5. But I will see what else is around at that time as well.

Rumors, which dont mean crap but get you thinking, are saying a move to a slightly bigger 4.0in screen. Since Ive had my X the one complaint I now have (as I do like the iphone 4 alot) is 3.5in now seems small :icon_eek:

struong57

Reaction score
I personally don't care for 4G or a larger screen. The smallest screen I'd want to watch a movie on is a laptop, NOT a phone.

Unless Apple does something revolutionary, like facetime, I'll be completely content with the iPhone 4.

cpjr

Reaction score
I personally don't care for 4G or a larger screen. The smallest screen I'd want to watch a movie on is a laptop, NOT a phone.

Unless Apple does something revolutionary, like facetime, I'll be completely content with the iPhone 4.

And thats why there are so many phones on the market to choose from ;) I dont believe Ive ever watched a movie on my X.

struong57

Reaction score
Then what's the point of such a large screen? Why not just get a tablet?

cpjr

Reaction score
Obviously, a bigger screen means more on it.....its not just for vids. I can have 6 rows easily on my X and everything is still very clear and readable.

Also, surfing the web is much much easier on the slightly bigger screen. Sure a laptop is optimum, but Im not carrying that around all day for the instance I need to look something up.

Its like everything else....you may not care about a 4.3in screen.....but doesnt mean someone else wont. I personally hate the smaller screen of the D1. But thats my personal opinion.

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
I agree. I will not purchase a Motorola phone until they make some serious changes. Putting out a flagship phone, then not updating it for nearly a year? Unacceptable for those of us locked in to a two-year contract.

For the amount of money I spent on this, I was not expecting it to be abandoned. Meanwhile 3G iPhones, released 3 years ago, are running the latest version of iOS. Motorola ditched their update efforts 6 months post release.

My next phone will be an iPhone. Too many Droids, support is spread too thin.

nmos

Reaction score
Nate, I know what you mean. An OC'd D1 with one of the many excellent 3rd party ROMs gives me 90% of performance of the newer models and more features. It'll probably be years before I see LTE in my area so I can't even use that as an excuse.

mjforte

Reaction score
The one downside to the Droid is its 256mb of RAM. If not for this I wouldn't want to upgrade just yet, but multitasking on the Droid just isn't what it should be with the limited memory. Nothing that's memory intensive stays in memory. That's why I'm getting the Tbolt.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Nate, I know what you mean. An OC'd D1 with one of the many excellent 3rd party ROMs gives me 90% of performance of the newer models and more features.

Damn !!! That much !? Nahhh , yo playin' me . For real ?