Im starting to HATE my DROID

Sodner

Reaction score
No I have curly hair, Motorola told me that the screen protectors cause hardware and software issues as well on these phones? Could this be true?

I have used a screen protector since day one and have had none of the issues you have mentioned. Sorry but I have to think operator error. I mean 6 broken phones? What are the chances.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
im sorry to say this but u r dumb do u know how to fully use ur phone? the droid has a built in proximity sensor that cuts ur screen off when ur on a call if it is close to ur body! second when ur screen does shut off hit the unlock button to turn it back on and third when u unlock the screen and ur in a call to get ur onscreen dialpad back on hit the dialpad button right next to the end button

Wow that was uncalled for. People don't call you dumb for owning a Gixxer when we all know the Yamaha R1 is superior in every way shape and form. :icon_ banana:

Yeah that wasn't the best argument to make Gixxerboy, not without a grammar check. I'm a little skeptical myself though, as I seriously doubt there's any way, given the popularity of the phone and the amount of work that clearly went into it's hardware and software crafting, that one guy goes through six bad ones. My guess is the problem lies somewhere between yourself and whoever was helping you troubleshoot your issues. Something tells me they either didn't go through the proper steps to identify your problem and simply gave you another phone vs. having the balls to tell you that it may be something you did wrong. If that's not it I'd say they were sending you poorly refurbished phones, as in ones that had already seen problems.

OP
spiralskygilligan
Reaction score
guxxerboy33

im sorry to say this but u r dumb do u know how to fully use ur phone? the droid has a built in proximity sensor that cuts ur screen off when ur on a call if it is close to ur body! second when ur screen does shut off hit the unlock button to turn it back on and third when u unlock the screen and ur in a call to get ur onscreen dialpad back on hit the dialpad button right next to the end button

YOU have NO idea what your talking about, re read the post! it shuts off in conversations ... I do know how to use my phone. I may not know how to use some of the actual applications however I do know how to use my phone. Its ok banter on if it makes you feel better... :icon_ banana:

OP
spiralskygilligan
Reaction score
thank you Sweettooth for being nice about it!
it is possible this is it but I am not sure what it might be. I'm going to try not to use a few of the programs this time and see if I get a better out come.
Thanks to the NICE educated ones that do not call names!

etx_droid

Reaction score
2.1 OTA what is this... ?

It's the "Over the Air" firmware update to the Android OS. Your phone should've notified you about the update and let you install. You can check to see if it is installed by going to settings--about phone and looking at the Firmware version. If it says 2.1-update1 you are fully updated.

Hope this helps some!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks..
I appreciate the help and not telling me Im dumb~!

I hope you didn't think I insinuated you were dumb in my post. But I also hope you took the time to read the manual I gave you. I gave you that manual because you said you had issues with multiple calls, and I realize that the Droid is not like a normal phone where you just flip a button. You have to swipe, just like you're answering a call.

OpalCat

Reaction score
Re: it shuts of in conversations... it's supposed to. It has a proximity sensor that turns the screen off when you're holding it up to your face. This is to keep you from accidentally hitting things with your face. When you hold the phone away from your face, it should wake back up in a second or two, giving you access to the dialpad, disconnect button, etc.

OP
spiralskygilligan
Reaction score
Hook bill No I was not .
Opal Cat I understand this however it does not comeback when I remove it from my face. It did for a month or so and now it does not. I did notice that when I removed my case (hard case) that it did come back on when I removed it from my face from a conversation? ...This is a problem because I want to protect my phone.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I have had several DROIDS with the screen issue...it is the proximity sensor...even with my newest replacement, it does not work very well outside in the natural light.

OP
spiralskygilligan
Reaction score
THANK YOU DieselPowered!!! I thought I WAS THE ONLY ONE so what have you been doing...?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This will close the call log screen when a call is ended... automatically. Not Call Log v1.6 Application for Android | Communication

The proximity sensor in the upper left hand side can easily be triggered by a mis-placed finger. I do it from time to time.

When on a phone call, as others have said, you can access the dial pad by pressing the button to the right of the 'end' button.

The power button will 'wake' the screen when 'blacked out'.

No need to pull the battery to end a call. Unless the phone completely locks up.

STAY AWAY from Task Killers. You'll get plenty of people around here that support them, and I'm not bagging on them, but there's no need for one. It's counter intuitive to how the Android OS is designed to work.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Ive just been replacing phones...they offered to replace my DROID with any phone I want, however, I do love the DROID, so I just keep getting replacements. This newest one that I got last week is doing a lot better, however, it the bright natural lighting it still sometimes does not work :(

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hook bill No I was not .
Opal Cat I understand this however it does not comeback when I remove it from my face. It did for a month or so and now it does not. I did notice that when I removed my case (hard case) that it did come back on when I removed it from my face from a conversation? ...This is a problem because I want to protect my phone.
There are several choices for cases. If the one you have is interfering, get a different one. :)