I'm shopping

izyzrose

Reaction score
Greetings, I have been waiting for the Verizon iphone but my new every two plan is up this month and my BB storm is starting to die, so I've also been very interested in the Droid. Don't know many with one yet and the only friend who has one has been disappointed with how quickly the battery gets depleted. I have read lots of great reviews but will need help in the decision making process. Any direction would be appreciated.

portermac

Reaction score
Any smart phone you get will not last long(battery) compared to phones like the Storm. Droid, Iphone are like computers with a tiny battery. You will need to always have a charger with you and maybe get an extended battery.
With that being said, the Iphone will not be coming to verizon any time soon. Also, you will love any Droid if you choose. If you like having a keyboard go with the Droid 2. If you do not want a keyboard i would suggest the Droid X.
Hope this helps.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
All of the Android phones are good. Go to a VZW store and test drive each. One will jump out at you.

Mike

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Don't forget the LG Ally. It maybe the smaller/slightly cheaper version of a Droid, but it has a lot of the same functionality. It is even slated to get Froyo (Android 2.2) soon!

It has a slightly smaller screen, is lighter and is smaller in your hands, and I do like its hard keyboard. My girlfriend has the LG Ally so I've been able to tinker with it a bit.

(yes I've rooted the LG Ally and turned it into a WIFI hotspot using Barnacle)

OP
I

izyzrose

Reaction score
Thanks much!

Thanks for your replies -- I will take your advice and start courting some Droids.