I'm scared

Jolest

Reaction score
There is an app called "Merge Contacts" you can use to convert "Phone" to "Google" contacts.
Sorry, I was wrong. Merge Contacts only "merges" a phone contact into an existing Google contact ... one pair of contacts at a time. (Close, but not good enough and a poor design to boot... Should have allowed mass transfers of phone contacts to Google and then have a separate function for merging Google contacts with the same name.)

ErisDroid?

Reaction score
If you want turn-by-turn you actually have two options.
1. Download Waze. It's in the Market and free. This app gives you spoken turn-by-turn. I haven't used it in a while but when I did it worked great.

2. Update your phone to 2.1. If rooting your phone is out side your comfort zone then be aware that the Release Candidate (Like the other guy said AKA OTA Leak v2) is final on your phone, there is NO WAY of going back to 1.5, your stuck. HOWEVER, the navigation works really well on this leak.

If you would like to try it here are the instructions. Be warned that you could "Brick" your phone. I haven't heard of anyone doing that yet but it is a risk.

· 2.1 Leak 2 - NEW
· 108,819,939 bytes (106,270 KB or 103.81 MB)
· Download: PB00IMG.zip
. Save this file to an easily remembered location on your computer. (i.e: My Documents)

IMPORTANT: DO NOT RENAME ZIP. IT WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE.
· Turn OFF Eris
. Plug your phone into your computer via usb.
. Pull down the USB menu that appears on your phone and use as a disk drive (Mount Phone)
. Open the new disk drive that windows created (Removable Disk E:/)
. Drag the downloaded file from the location where you downloaded it to onto your SDCard. DO NOT UNZIP OR RENAME THIS FILE!!!!!!!!!!
. Follow the next steps.

This is the Point of No Return
Once you do this, you cannot go back to 1.5, PERIOD.

· Charge your phone at least 50% or more.

· Start Eris by holding Volume DOWN and Power / End Call Buttons.
You will see this pop up with the 3 Droids on Skate Boards

PB00100 XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.49 000 (PB0010000)
MICEOP-0111
TOUCH PANEL-MELFAS_45_17
RADIO-2.32.40.11.09
Feb 8 2010, 00:08:56

· Let it do it's thing. There will be an Update bar on the top/right side of the screen.
· It will ask you if you want to Update Phone In Red Text – Press Trackball
· It will then ask if you want to Reboot Phone In Ted Text – Press Trackball
· Eris will reset and perform like if it was a brand new phone.
· Perform *228 with Option 1 & 2
· Enjoy!

If you run into trouble, I will try and help you. I followed these instructions step-by-step when I upgraded my phone and it work with out an issue. You will need to re-install all your apps. One way around this is to use an app called appBrain or appsaver. appBrain backs-up your apps to the internet, appsave saves the apk file to your SDCard.. Remember to back-up any and all important texts or other file you have on your phone.

why would you post these directions!?!?!?!?
You should have posted the root directions they are just as simple!

This is why....

I had read that and I'm pretty certain I won't need/want to go back either. Plus, the root directions seemed a bit out of my comfort zone since I have Vista and I had problems doing an update for my Omnia last year and had to switch to my XP halfway through (and considering there are special directions for XP I'm assuming it would be a similar situation. But then again, I'm assuming and that sometimes isn't a good thing.)
Is the rooting really necessary? Obviously not required and I'm not really concerned with deleting stock apps so... really not necessary?
Thanks by the way for the advice thus far.

I was trying to help him and instead of assuming he wanted root, i listened to what he said.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my only concern is my contacts , i assume all my picts are on my sd cared anyway but i have a lot of contacts i really dont want to have to re imput otherwise I'm doing this today.

By now I'm guessing you figured out that if your contacts are in sync with gmail you are all set. You can check your settings or just add a fake one to gmail or phone contacts and see it show up on the other device. Then delete it and see the same takes place on the other device.