I'm Rooted Now, What Do I Do Just In Case?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Make a backup in recovery.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There should be a backup option under nandroid

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Sorry I'm new to rooting, how do I make a nandroid back up? Or access nandroid or whatever

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Boot into recovery

DJTaT2

Reaction score
power button and hold x and it will boot to sbr recovery mode then select nandroid with the volume keyes to move up and down and the camera key to select and the power key to go back

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
I turned off my phone. Turned it back on while holding x and all the screen showed was a triangle with an exclamation in it along with the green droid guy. I had to pull the battery. I was frozen there.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with the droid 2 you must use bootstrap before you can use a recovery image. Also you can root just for the apps. If you going to venture into playing around with roms, themes, and custom recovery images I suggest get rsdlite sbf and get it set up and ready to go. Because if something goes south you will need to fix it or get it back to stock before sending it to vzw.

gh0ul

Reaction score
I turned off my phone. Turned it back on while holding x and all the screen showed was a triangle with an exclamation in it along with the green droid guy. I had to pull the battery. I was frozen there.

did you try pressing the magnifying glass button on your keyboard?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

The process you were given (earlier in this thread) will only load the stock recovery on a Droid2, even if Clockwork Recovery has been installed.

To make a backup you need to:

1. Get Droid 2 Bootstrapper
2. Open it and select Bootstrap
3. Select the option to launch recovery

In Clockwork Recovery, use the volume keys to highlight the backup option, use the camera button to select it.

When the backup finishes, select the reboot option.

To get back into recovery again:

- Use the bootstrap program
- Get ROM Manager and launch recovery (and backups) from there
- Turn off and restart your D2, when you see the boot animation (after the M motorola logo goes away) pull the battery. Put it back in and restart normally, Clockwork Recovery should load. This option is useful if your D2 isn't booting up all the way.

stinger161

Reaction score
Was searching on this topic and found this thread. I recently rooted. D/L Droid X Bootstrap Recovery as that is what came up in the market search for clockwork recovery. Tried that, it said success but I couldn't find any type of backup file on my sd card. So after finding this, and d/l Rom Manager, going to "backup current rom" it said clock work recovery must be installed, so having that installed already, ran it, phone rebooted, I navigated through astro and found clockworkmod folder. Inside that found my current ROM backup "2.5.0.7" as indicated by ROM manager as my last backup.