I'm returning my Bionic.

dbroeman3

Reaction score
I returned mine and here is my story. I actually liked the phone! Blazing unbelievably fast. The first phone that I received was DOA. The issues that I was having were all of the known issues plus my applications would disappear and I was constantly re-installing them. So I went down and got another one. Same issues! So I went to another Verizon store where I was told that if I took a 3rd one that I would be "stuck" with it even if the phone wasn't good. What did not seem right was that I was still in my 14 day evaluation period! So I returned it. I felt that I did not have a choice. I took the rest of my accessories back to the original store. At this point, the salesperson working with me stated that he would have given me 20 phones if needed within the 2 week period. By this time I was frustrated. So for now, I have gone back to my Droid X.

I like the Droid X screen much better than the Bionic. The icons are bigger and it appears to be much clearer. The background is white and not yellow.

So I am in a holding pattern trying to decide my next move. Perhaps I will let it ride a bit to see if prices come down or check out the new phones coming out within the next few months. Best Buy already has these discounted to 199.

For those of you that have one, enjoy. For those of you that are returning, I get it.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I returned mine and here is my story. I actually liked the phone! Blazing unbelievably fast. The first phone that I received was DOA. The issues that I was having were all of the known issues plus my applications would disappear and I was constantly re-installing them. So I went down and got another one. Same issues! So I went to another Verizon store where I was told that if I took a 3rd one that I would be "stuck" with it even if the phone wasn't good. What did not seem right was that I was still in my 14 day evaluation period! So I returned it. I felt that I did not have a choice. I took the rest of my accessories back to the original store. At this point, the salesperson working with me stated that he would have given me 20 phones if needed within the 2 week period. By this time I was frustrated. So for now, I have gone back to my Droid X.

I like the Droid X screen much better than the Bionic. The icons are bigger and it appears to be much clearer. The background is white and not yellow.

So I am in a holding pattern trying to decide my next move. Perhaps I will let it ride a bit to see if prices come down or check out the new phones coming out within the next few months. Best Buy already has these discounted to 199.

For those of you that have one, enjoy. For those of you that are returning, I get it.

I myself along with many other self aware people would've done the same thing in your position..I mean, if you were having the problems you were having, and the customer service issues on top of that, why keep it? Just because its new and high end priced, doesn't make your decision a bad one..lol Very wise indeed...And to anyone having Zero issues..awesome!...And by the way, if you really really like the phone, just wait till all the issues are resolved and buy in a couple months, at a much lower price and enjoy:) another thing...the last guy was right to a point, but generally the company will offer another new device of same or lesser value of your choice other than the one your having the issues after the third incedent..your good with a damn nice phone now...the >x< is awesome...will always be..just keep your eyes open! What I do normally is when a new feature for a smartphone comes out, I watch for the results for a month first before buying...but in the case with the D2 at the time, and still today, was a great idea it turned out..lol but I remember being upset because the global followed and r2, but we are all related...lol peace all!

One Epic Blue and Bold Cm7(otaGBK) .----->fastforward!

m00m00w4t3r

Reaction score
nice! just turned social location off. If i restart my phone would it auto turn back on?

revelated

Reaction score
Looking at task manager, all the bloatware has restarted itself (despite being on the auto-end list). I'm talking about bookmarks widget, IM, IM presence. Also despite the widgets being off, G+, twitter, and FB were all running. All listed as using 0% CPU so I assume they are just sitting in the RAM since they are frequently used programs. Since I'm not using the phone much, it has no reason to free up the RAM with other programs.

One GREAT thing about this phone is that apps that used to destroy my battery on my OG have almost no effect on the Bionic. I like tower defense games and on my OG I was just used to them draining about 2% of the battery per minute of use. On this phone they don't seem to affect battery at all. The processors are so powerful that it doesn't even blink to run these games. I'm sure it does drain the battery some... but in trying to drain the batt last night I played a tower defense game for an hour. That would have killed my OG battery outright. On the Bionic it only cost 4% of the drain according to battery stats, and it did not seem to drain it any faster than it is draining just sitting on my desk. That is extremely impressive.

Remember that even if an app isn't using CPU, the battery is still being taxed because the RAM is engaged.

The bloat is going to auto-start itself which is why I keep telling people to keep an eye on that stuff. Even with auto end it will still start stuff up and sometimes I will go in and kill it manually. At least now you know what I've been saying - your battery short life isn't natural at all and definitely not expected behavior.

cassato

Reaction score
$300 to look at a grid of pixels? no thanks. considering that and the new devices that are due in the next couple months, its a pretty easy decision for me. I just wish the nexus prime wouldnt have a bigger screen because my hand is glitched out and my thumb controls my index finger (when i bend my thumb my index finger bends too) so i dont think i could use anything much bigger than the Bionic.

i guess that means ill have to look at the iphone 5 too

DebDroid

Reaction score
I was considering returning also but I cannot go back to my slow OG Droid. Hell no! I also want to love this phone and will keep it. I don't have problems with my screen just disappearing apps and it's also having a hard time picking up WiFi. :mad:

sweetmike

Reaction score
Returning Droid Bionic

I am sorry to hear you are going to return your bionic. I purchase one the day it came out and I have been very happy with it. The camera is not the best out there but I need that going into purchasing the phone as Motorola is not known for making good cameras on their phone. the battery life has been very good with normal use wit the standard battery. I put my phone on sleep mode from 1:00-6AM and that helps me have some battery life when I get up in the morning. I definitely get more battery life than I did with my original droid. Myabe you just got a bad phone.