I'm novah and i used to be a blackberry user

Novah

Reaction score
Just got my droidX today, it is just as awesome as people have told me.

Glad to be in the club XD

That being said, i came here for some advice. I sync'd my facebook profile and now i have eight million contacts half of which i dont want on there...
I would much rather have none of them on there :/ its like 200 people I will have to delete, what should i do?

cromo8

Reaction score
unfortunately for now there is no way to pick specifics on facebook

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I do not use FB so I do not know if this will work but if you can export your FB contacts to your computer or to Gmail it will be easier to do mass deletes.

Good luck. Let us know if you figure out an convenient way to delete the unwanted contacts.

Mike

OP
N

Novah

Reaction score
I just unsync'd it for now. It turns out i dont give a crap about my friends, or at least 98% of them. :rolleyes:

OP
N

Novah

Reaction score
whats the deal with app killers? The guy at the store said to get one, and alot of literature contradicts itself. hte google people say it doesnt need it or do anything positive, and everyone else says its the coolest thing since sliced bread

truckrod

Reaction score
Hello , did you start a gmail acount by chance win you were on your junkberry if so cool . if not you can do it this way!!! it may be a pain!!! but atleast it willnot cost u anything!! . if you still have your blackberry and its got your contacts still on it ? (1)delet all your contacts off your dx then power it off. (2) turn your blackberry on and call *228 tap 1 let it reactivate your bb. (3) then on your bb go to google mail.com (4) download the app for gmail for the bb then tapp on the app it will be in your downloads . (5)then sync and transfer your contacts to your gmail make sure it transferd. (6)power off your bb (7) then power on your dx call *228 and press 1 and let it reactivate your dx.. (8)then on the dx go to your gmail acc and then sync your contacts ! . it will take a few mints and then they will show up on your dx. i have done this for others and works fine its just a pain. thats one way if you feel like doin that

good luck:)

OP
N

Novah

Reaction score
I would do that if i wasnt terrified of *228. I went through 4 brand new blackberries sent to me back to back to back to back because none of them would *228 properly eand each time i had to sit there on tech support for 4 hours because they had no plan to deal with that sort of problem "did you try *228" "power it off, and on, ok 228. nothing? ok reset phone hold battery out for at least a minute. 228. no? ok lets escalate this. rinse repeat. ugh. the only reason they figured it out on the 4th phone was because i refused to send that one back and called over and over until someone at tech support knew what to do. it was some setting in the middle of all the menus and catacombs of hidden menus that i had to turn something on/off/diffrent. And it still never 228'd properly, i had to manually do it. P.s. i hate blackberry. that same brand new phone wouldnt hold more than 8 pictures. I did not install any apps/songs/data/anything. Also sometimes it would just withhold texts. I'd make a call (connection to the towers) and afterwards i'd receive a handfull of texts from the same person all at once (impossible normally). Explaining that to verizon reps was also impossible. That all being said if you think im going to even touch my blackberry again, you's funny :)

truckrod

Reaction score
Lol ok then i dont blame u. I had a junkberry tour n hated it..it took me a month to figure out i hated it n then got a droid ...

cromo8

Reaction score
rooted is the equivalent of jailbreaking to an iphone its hacking your phone to unlock all the capabilities of the phone