I'm not impressed with Beats Audio

marioval

Reaction score
So I just got my new Rezound and love it! I was however dissapointed with the Beats Audio. First of all it only works with the stock music player which is lame since it only plays songs loaded on the device, thats so 5 years ago..... I copied over a few songs onto the SD card and fired up the stock music and used the beats headphones. it sounded good, nothing to write home about. I was also surpridsed at how not-loud it was at full volume. On my wifes ipod shuffle full volume is ear splittingly loud and crystal clear, the Rezound not so much. In fact using the Google Play Music app (the one that supports google cloud music which is the one everyone uses, duh, hello HTC) I was able to get better sound quality than Beats by using an app in the market I found called Volume+. it also gives me volume boost to make it louder and works in every music app. Anyone else have thoughts? Discuss.....

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know for the galaxy nexus there are beats audio mods that work for any music player and kernels that have increased volume mods built in...maybe there are similar mods for the rezound as well? Then you could have increased volume plus beats audio on any music player...or you can always check out poweramp (no cloud storage but still a great music app with a built in eq)

t35rk

Reaction score
Hopefully you didn't commit to the Rezound thinking Beats was any good. Download Audio FX Settings instead.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
No LOL. I commited because of dual core, 4G, and the $50 price.

jlamb30

Reaction score
I was able to get fantastic frequency response using the Equalizer app. It also allows you to have multiple presets for different sound sources.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
I was able to get fantastic frequency response using the Equalizer app. It also allows you to have multiple presets for different sound sources.

I tried that one too. I certainly works and I love the gui but Volume+ gives you the volume boost feature.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I personally use DSP manager. I never liked the beats profile for anything other than my earbuds. DSP manager I can setup for listening in my car or other external speakers where beats basically mutes the voice.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
you have a link to the dsp apk your using? does it work with Google Music?

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Bpowder33

Reaction score
thx Mr smith, just flash in recovery?

Sent from my HTC Rezound

svdroiddude

Reaction score
PowerAmp has a Beats on/off. I think it sounds pretty good but nothing spectacular. PowerAmp has a ton of settings though and a full equalizer so you can definitely get the sound you want.