Im not getting any signal

BrownB

Reaction score
Okay so i have perfect signal at my house but when i turn my phone off and then back on, There's no signal for like 10 miniutes. Its really annoying. Why does my phone do this, And what can i do to stop it?

aarong03

Reaction score
Okay so i have perfect signal at my house but when i turn my phone off and then back on, There's no signal for like 10 miniutes. Its really annoying. Why does my phone do this, And what can i do to stop it?
If it's 4G signal, it maybe having trouble finding it after power-up. I keep my maxx on 3G all the time unless I'm in a great 4G area.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Go to menu>settings>data usage...More>Mobile Networks and make sure you have Date enabled checked and LTE/CDMA selected. If you have any other settings than this selected it could cause the problem you are experiencing. By the way, you cannot "lock" your phone on "3g" if you are running Ice Cream Sandwich.

aarong03

Reaction score
Go to menu>settings>data usage...More>Mobile Networks and make sure you have Date enabled checked and LTE/CDMA selected. If you have any other settings than this selected it could cause the problem you are experiencing. By the way, you cannot "lock" your phone on "3g" if you are running Ice Cream Sandwich.

I'm using LTE app to keep it on 3G. 4G in my area sucks. So

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

aarong03

Reaction score

I'm using the LTE app to keep it on 3G. 4G in my area sucks.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I'm using the LTE app to keep it on 3G. 4G in my area sucks.

That's great but you didn't tell us you were using a 3rd party app to lock your phone on 3g. That little piece of knowledge might be important to someone (BrownB) that is trying to troubleshoot a connection problem. BrownB could spend all day looking for a "3g" setting, and since BrownB won't find one on his/her Razr because there is not one, that could be pretty frustrating. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:

aarong03

Reaction score
That's great but you didn't tell us you were using a 3rd party app to lock your phone on 3g. That little piece of knowledge might be important to someone (BrownB) that is trying to troubleshoot a connection problem. BrownB could spend all day looking for a "3g" setting, and since BrownB won't find one on her Razr because there is not one, that could be pretty frustrating. Thanks for clarifying.

Sorry for creating confusion. And the app is LTE ON/OFF.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
aarong03 said:
Sorry for creating confusion. And the app is LTE ON/OFF.

You should also mention the app is for the HTC thunderbolt, though it works on the razr's.

LTE onoff HTC thunderbolt