im new

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by vengfulr3ap3r, Aug 5, 2010.

1. vengfulr3ap3r

vengfulr3ap3r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, im new to the droid scene, so i kinda dont know much, but im a techy so i learn fast. i've hacked my wii (full softmod i mean everything), ds, and my ipod touch if that helps any. so im not new to hacking things. anyways. i've been doing some research but i still have a few questions. im sure these are located elsewhere but i honestly dunno where to even start to search for them, idk what forum, or what website or anything. otherwise i would be posting. so please dont say "search" i've tried. im still kinda lost. so if it is posted elsewhere then please direct me to the forum and im very sorry for wasting everyones time anyways. on with my questions. =]

1) i know you can root a droid x with the one click root thingy, but if i do that. and then i unroot. does that erase all traces of the device being rooted?

2) how do you recover the device? i mean i read something about nandroid backups. and from what i can understand its pretty much just a dump of the entire phone and you can restore to it if you need to. kinda the same way bootmii works on the wii. wehre you make a nand backup and restore to it if anything goes wrong. but idk if you can or cant do it on the droid x yet

3) can you over clock a droid x just yet? i've read you cant, but then i see ppl saying they're running over clocked droid x's on 2.2 (froyo) but idk if its right or not.

4) is there a all in one source or dummies guide to hacking a droid?

5) i have a mac will i have any problems syncing (i do have win 7 on bootcamp and a XP vm) but id rather do it all mac ya know.

6) i know you can brick your device by renaming a blur file but since i dont ever rename/delete anything unless i know what it is and its used for. what are my chances for actually bricking the device. from what i've observed from my searching is.. slim. is that correct?

7) can you install apps on the SD card with a droid x?

8) this isnt a hacking question but for all you ppl who got the droid with the pre installed 16gb sd card. what class is the card??

9) the navigation offered is free right? like you dont have to pay so and so per month to use it?

anyways any helpful response's would be much appreciated. feel free to add any tips or suggestions if you have any.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    :welcome: to the Forum. Fortunately for me I don't have an X so I don't have the answers to your questions but hang in there, somebody will. :)

3. vengfulr3ap3r

vengfulr3ap3r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha, thanks for the welcome =]

4. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,399

My response is in red. Also this forum has a sister forum that is dedicated strictly fro droidx : Droid X Forum

we are more then glad to help you here. But alot of your questions have answers there.

5. vengfulr3ap3r

vengfulr3ap3r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright. Thank's a lot for your fast response. that answered most of my questions. I didn't know if I should post it here or on the droid x forums. I assumed they had been answered already. But I wanted a definitive answer.

can you make recovery images with SPRecovery on the DX yet? i just want to know if there is any kind of insurance available yet incase something goes wrong that will allow me to recover from something like a bootloop or something.

6. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,399
    Not yet..... need to get through the bootloader

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. vengfulr3ap3r

vengfulr3ap3r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kay, That's what I thought.
    Whats the purpose of the android recovery menu?