Im new

rickochet

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and I am glad I found this site.I'm 56 and have been a welder all my life.My phone needs have always been simple and mine were without all the frills.But as the kids grew up and away at college,phone calls don't seem to be of the norm any more,texting does.Does anybody talk anymore? So I purchased the Droid Razor with Verizon as my carrier.I figured the phone out ok and what I did not know, I read your posts to other peoples questions which helped a bunch. I do have one question that I cannot seem to find the answer for.I would like a ringtone for my phone that incoming callers listen to rather then the normal sound they would hear.I have the song in mind,but do not know how to go about downloading it and applying it to my phone.Plus one friend said he thought I would be charged a monthly fee for that, on top of the downloading fee for the song.In which case I most likely would not use it. Its something differant and I thought I would give it a try.By the way the song is "Simple Man" by Skynyrd which pretty much some me up.Thank you in advance for time and take care.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hi there rickochet and welcome to Droid Forums! Those ringtones people hear when they call someone is called a Ringback tone.

Ringback tones can be purchased from your service provider, which in this case would be Verizon. They have a pretty decent selection but not all songs are available I'm afraid.

You can download if you don't already have Vcast Tones from the Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsImNvbS52encuaHMuYW5kcm9pZC5tb2RsaXRlIl0.

Or purchase from the web - https://mediastore.verizonwireless....ATSEQ=165568&CATNAME=Music & Tones&CONTENT=PC Hope you find the song you're looking for!

When you order, make sure it's a Ringback tone and not a ringtone.

-Mike

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Can't go wrong with Skynyrd. Looks like Wicked has you fixed up. :welcome: to the forum, glad you joined us.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
R

rickochet

Reaction score
Thank you all so very much!! I knew I would like this site when I found it and read others posts.I will try it shortly! Once again take care and many thanks.Now all I have to do is figure out how to text without my big fingers hitting the other keys and I did make the font larger but it did not seem to do much. That word prompt helps a bunch tho when I can see it thru my readers.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on the Razr..

OP
R

rickochet

Reaction score
Thanks Mike,
Went to Vcast tones as you advised and even found the one I wanted,there is a fee for the ringback service of .99 cents a month but I figured I could handle that .
Take care,Rick

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks Mike,
Went to Vcast tones as you advised and even found the one I wanted,there is a fee for the ringback service of .99 cents a month but I figured I could handle that .
Take care,Rick

Glad you found it Rick. Hmm .99 cents a month? I remember when they were $2.00 per year! Price went up. :sad-b:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums Rick!! Glad you joined us and got it figured out :biggrin:

OP
R

rickochet

Reaction score
To all,
Thanks for the welcome..Finally getting the hang of this phone..By OJT and the posts on your site...The kids are texting me like crazy now..I wish the font was bigger for when I text back..I keep hitting two keys at the same time and I do have it to its largest setting,but the word prompt helps there.Their just so fast tho.I'm answering one question and before I get done I've got five more,which usually winds up with them getting " Call Me ". As far as the rest of the phone, I like it.It seems very fast. The kids are wanting me to apply Facebook to the phone so I can keep up with them and their posts.I do have a Facebook acct. on my computer.But I do not use it that much.I figure if you want to know what im doing call me and I'll tell you.Succumbing to peer pressure,I told them I would.But prior to installing FB I noticed all the conditions you hand to agree to first..Do this to your phone..update this ..change that..you allow us to .....etc..Did not really like what I saw plus I'm on a 4GB a month plan to keep it simple..I don't video,game or listen to music.tho later I may compile me A little song list to listen to.So what do ya'll think? Would also like to change my Avatar here but sometimes you can do that only after so many posts..I thank you once again for your time.
Take care,Rick

OP
R

rickochet

Reaction score
Thanks once again for the welcome..I do have one other question..as the driods are rather large, I was looking for a hands free device to take calls while I'm driving..tried the new Motorola speaker phone that clips on yer visor ..cant hear it ..took it back and went to a plantronics M155 earbud and its ok but still lacks in the hearing part..Both were 59.00 and do not mind paying more or am I about there with the plantronics? Plus my friend said I sounded like I was in a barrel.Thank you once again for your help.
Rick...