I'm new to the whole DROID X

eliassami5

Reaction score
no you dont need to be rooted to tether..you can find many tethering apps in the market. If you want to WIRELESSLY tether then yes you have to be rooted. Root has just been found for the X but it would be very complicating for a person who hasn't rooted before so i suggest you not try it till you are very comfortable with your phone.

thanks, forgot about that

and to clarify, learning the jargon and getting set up/knowing what you're doing (I barely do) takes a big learning curve. The actual process only takes a few minutes and is fairly simple

mcsinfl, I see that in your post you have something on your sons that says "ChevyNo1 SS4.5 ULV 7 slot 1ghz" What does this mean?
This seems like this phone is WAY beyond my capabilities...LOL......I'm gonna get with you on the tethering maybe tomorrow...

ChevyNo1 is a ROM and SS4.5 is most likely the ROM version. ULV 7 slot 1ghz is a custom kernel which allows you to overclock the DROID. ULV stands for ultra low voltage, 7 slots means there are 7 different mhz settings witch you can set the phone to run at, and 1ghz is the maximum mhz the kernel will allow the phone to operate at.

OP
L

Liftedpowerstroke

Reaction score
thanks, forgot about that

and to clarify, learning the jargon and getting set up/knowing what you're doing (I barely do) takes a big learning curve. The actual process only takes a few minutes and is fairly simple

mcsinfl, I see that in your post you have something on your sons that says "ChevyNo1 SS4.5 ULV 7 slot 1ghz" What does this mean?
This seems like this phone is WAY beyond my capabilities...LOL......I'm gonna get with you on the tethering maybe tomorrow...

ChevyNo1 is a ROM and SS4.5 is most likely the ROM version. ULV 7 slot 1ghz is a custom kernel which allows you to overclock the DROID. ULV stands for ultra low voltage, 7 slots means there are 7 different mhz settings witch you can set the phone to run at, and 1ghz is the maximum mhz the kernel will allow the phone to operate at.

This is way over my head... .........I've got a long ways to go......,

eliassami5

Reaction score
trust me its easier than it looks, just gotta get some terminology down and get familiar will all the different ROMS available out there.