I'm new to the Droid world

daisyduke2222

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm Daisy and I got the Droid for my birthday. Its one of my favorite phones I've had, but it would be my favorite if I knew how to use it. I don't understand how to put downloaded ringtones on my phone and how to get them to play when I get messages. I was tols to make a folder in my card..:icon_eek:...whaaaaat. Needless to say I'm completely lost. The last phone I had was the envy touch and it took great pictures. It seems like this camera isn't as good as the envy's, but the envy has a 3.2??
xoxo Daisy

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Install Zedge from the Market, you can download a bunch of diff free ringtones. Open the app/messaging program you use for texting, email, etc. Hit the menu button (4 line icon left of home button). Go to sound settings and you can assign the ringtone you downloaded from Zedge.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help :icon_ banana:

No problem, you can PM me if you need help. I'm usually around here in and out. If not there are a bunch of others here willing to lend a hand! Welcome to droidforums.net and congrats on the Droid. Happy Birthday!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm Daisy and I got the Droid for my birthday. Its one of my favorite phones I've had, but it would be my favorite if I knew how to use it. I don't understand how to put downloaded ringtones on my phone and how to get them to play when I get messages. I was tols to make a folder in my card..:icon_eek:...whaaaaat. Needless to say I'm completely lost. The last phone I had was the envy touch and it took great pictures. It seems like this camera isn't as good as the envy's, but the envy has a 3.2??
xoxo Daisy

Welcome, Daisy! If you want to add anything (sounds, wav files, songs, or whatever you already have) it's very simple. Just mount your Droid and create a directory called "media" directly on the SD card. Then in the media directory create a subdirectory called "audio". Then in the audio directory create three subdirectories called "notifications", "ringtones", and "alarms". Then just drop your files into the appropriate folder, and assign ringtones to contacts, email, notifications, and the alarm clock.

For notifications: media/audio/notifications
For ringtones: media/audio/ringtones
For alarms: media/audio/alarms

That's worked for me and after few months I've had no issues at all. Each assigned ringtone works each time and shows up on the correct list of choices. It's that easy! You should be all set! Let us know if you have any questions!

:welcome: