I'm New to Droid

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Coming from an LG Dare that I have had almost 2 year. I liked the speed of the screen much better on the Droid. However, I am having a little bit of difficulty navigating the the touch screen on the web. Sometimes I want to open a link it just zooms and so on. Any tips?

Whyy is the email client built onto the phone said to be so bad? I don't like how you can't have a signature attached.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sometimes I want to open a link it just zooms and so on. Any tips?
Be sure you're only pressing the screen once. Also, when you click on a text box in the browser when using the touch keyboard, it will automatically zoom in. I tend to double-tap near a link, but not on it to zoom it in. This makes it easier to not click the wrong one on accident when they're close together

Whyy is the email client built onto the phone said to be so bad?
It's really just a matter of opinion. Depends on how you use it/what you use it for. I can't really say either way, because the address I used the e-mail app for is one that I don't use often and am phasing out altogether.

The G-mail app, in my opinion is just fine.

Are you having troubles with signatures in gmail, or email? I don't use them on either, but that might help you get some insight quicker.

K9 seems to be the preferred e-mail app of choice for those that don't like the stock app.

OP
Paul_Aris

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Sometimes I want to open a link it just zooms and so on. Any tips?
Be sure you're only pressing the screen once. Also, when you click on a text box in the browser when using the touch keyboard, it will automatically zoom in. I tend to double-tap near a link, but not on it to zoom it in. This makes it easier to not click the wrong one on accident when they're close together

Whyy is the email client built onto the phone said to be so bad?
It's really just a matter of opinion. Depends on how you use it/what you use it for. I can't really say either way, because the address I used the e-mail app for is one that I don't use often and am phasing out altogether.

The G-mail app, in my opinion is just fine.

Are you having troubles with signatures in gmail, or email? I don't use them on either, but that might help you get some insight quicker.

K9 seems to be the preferred e-mail app of choice for those that don't like the stock app.

Not Gmail but the phones mail program. I don't see an area to have a signature. Thanks for the help.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No problem! Like I'm pretty sure I stated before, I don't use that app anymore, since g-mail brings all my mail in. Can't remember if I ever saw a place to input a signature while messing around in the settings either...

OP
Paul_Aris

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
No problem! Like I'm pretty sure I stated before, I don't use that app anymore, since g-mail brings all my mail in. Can't remember if I ever saw a place to input a signature while messing around in the settings either...

No problem. I also see they no longer tag your emails with "Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone" on the bottom of the emails.