I'm NEW to Droid

dslee1

Reaction score
Hi I’m Duncan, This is my first smart phone. Got it Nov. 10th thought it was a little rough at first. Kept locking up and the camera just stunk. On Nov. 17th or there about – the camera started working.(not perfect but much better) After the upgrade the phone is as smooth as silk. At the time of purchase the Verizon rep insisted that you could not tether phone to laptop- PdaNet works without a hitch.
Things I’d like to see: Manuel camera controls, an easier way to screen capture without using the android-sdk
Looking forward to learning from everyone

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just a word of caution on PDAnet....They can charge you for all data used.

Deuel

Reaction score
Welcome! Used PdaNet for years. Like BnB said, use with restraint and you'll never have a problem. Download a few DVD's and you may pop up on the radar. :biggrin:

OP
D

dslee1

Reaction score
PdaNet

As I understand it- Data through PdaNet looks to Verizon like any streaming data like using Pandora, Listen, or iHeart radio. If I am wrong I would like to know. Thanks for responding to my post.
D

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
That might be true....Most likely is, but start being in the 5-ish GB per month range and I would bet real money you will be noticed by them.....

I use the crap out of my Droid and have to work at it hard to get over 3gb with the phone alone. It's very easy to dl too much with PDAnet....just a FYI thats all...