I'm new to Droid....Help!!!!!

Catnip326

Reaction score
I am not getting the WOW!!!! factor that I was looking forward to with getting the Droid. It is not user friendly, The settings are not what you think they would offer, and the phone is way to sensitive, I hit the volume button all the time, and the phone makes calls while you are doing something else on your phone, and screens pop up, when you don't want them to. Where is the sensitivity setting.

Please, someone help me learn to love my new phone, were not bonding very well, and I was so excited to get this phone. boo hoo

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your issues don't seem common. Sure it isn't operator error, or maybe an issue with the phone itself? Sorry you're not liking it so far.

samiusmc

Reaction score
I am not getting the WOW!!!! factor that I was looking forward to with getting the Droid. It is not user friendly, The settings are not what you think they would offer, and the phone is way to sensitive, I hit the volume button all the time, and the phone makes calls while you are doing something else on your phone, and screens pop up, when you don't want them to. Where is the sensitivity setting.

Please, someone help me learn to love my new phone, were not bonding very well, and I was so excited to get this phone. boo hoo

If it's your first touch screen phone, it will take some getting used to. The screen is very sensitive. After a few days, you'll love it once you get the hang of it.

jimmiem

Reaction score
I just got my Droid yesterday and we've bonded quite a bit in the past 24 hours. I've hit the volume button more than once when I didn't mean to, and every single time I reach for the power I reach for the wrong side of the phone, probably from a year of iPod Touch use so that one's on me. The other things you describe are likely settings that need to be changed or issues that can be fixed with an app.

Slow down and take the issues one at a time. List the specifics of one or two things that are bothering you and you're more likely to get solutions.

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
You need to be a bit more specific about your problems if you want help. What screens are popping up? How is the phone making calls? Is it doing it randomly? If it is then maybe you should be looking at a replacement.

Personally I think the phone is easy to navigate and I use the haptic keys a lot (i.e. home, settings, back).

NoKz

Reaction score

I fell in love with the phone instantly. I'm sure you just need to get used to the sensitivity. As for the "Wow factor", root it, and load a custom rom on it and be amazed at how awesome it is. :icon_ banana: