im new here

slipknot1bethanii

Reaction score
Hello :) i just got my droid x yesterday and im so confused on how to change my text messaging sound i dnt like the ones that are already in the phone, please help me figure out to put ringtone sounds for text message notifications. Thank you

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum and congrats on the X if you are looking for good ring and notification tones check out Zedge in the Market

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Open the text app, tap menu, tap settings, tap notification, select a new ringtone. Hope this is helpful.

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
After you download one it should give you an option of what to use it for

OP
S

slipknot1bethanii

Reaction score
Welcome! Open the text app, tap menu, tap settings, tap notification, select a new ringtone. Hope this is helpful.

Mike

Thank you, what's the texting app called? Because i don't have any text message sounds that i like on the ones that are programed on the text sounds.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
No but RingDroid from the Market will let you make your own ringtones from your MP3 collection

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Mike

Thank you, what's the texting app called? Because i don't have any text message sounds that i like on the ones that are programed on the text sounds.

I believe to use the method that Mike has described, the notification sound in question must be in a specific folder on your SD card. I want to say the folder is /sdcard/media/audio/notifications but i'm not sure if it's the same on the X as the Droid 1.

Don't mistakenly put them in /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones - if you do, they will only show up as phone ringtones.

To answer your question, I believe the app is called "Messaging"

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike

I believe to use the method that Mike has described, the notification sound in question must be in a specific folder on your SD card. I want to say the folder is /sdcard/media/audio/notifications but i'm not sure if it's the same on the X as the Droid 1.

Don't mistakenly put them in /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones - if you do, they will only show up as phone ringtones.

To answer your question, I believe the app is called "Messaging"

yes that is what I was suggesting.