Im new and idiot please help

fka466

Reaction score
So I researched for like two weeks prior to rooting ani finally did it... no issues.. my issue came from using titanium backup... I backed up my apps from the factory and uninstalled. Apparently I didn't do all my research because bow I can't get some stuff to restore.

I understand the TB app just works with apps from the market. Well its a little late and I've already deleted stuff.

So I've been looking into reflashes or whatever. So can someone guide me to get my droid back to day one factory status?

Thanks all

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Did you only root or did you load a custom rom?

Just rooting shouldn't lose anything.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Did you make a backup in recovery/clockwork before using TB? Like, after you rooted. If so, use bootstrapper (you do have that, right?) to get to recovery and flash your backup.

If you did install a rom, let us know which one.

OP
F

fka466

Reaction score
Well I just rooted and I didn't use boot strap cause I didn't plan on using another rom I simply backed up with titanium and uninstalled...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then you wouldn't have a back up.

Your apps shouldn't have been affected simply by rooting unless you did a factory data reset. Rooting alone doesn't have anything to do with the apps. And you can't use Titanium until you are rooted.

So I don't see what the issue is. Everything should be there after rooting.

OP
F

fka466

Reaction score
And to clarify when I say uninstalled I.mean uninstalled apps which I can no longer reinstall

OP
F

fka466

Reaction score
I didn't just root.... I rooted... downloaded titanium backed up some apps and uninstalled the apps I backed up... now when I try to reinstall some of the backed up apps it doesn't work...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And to clarify when I say uninstalled I.mean uninstalled apps which I can no longer reinstall

I want to help you here but you're not making a lot of sense. If you uninstalled an app there is no reason why you should not be able to reinstall it. Being rooted shouldn't have anything to do with that.

What did you use to root with?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't just root.... I rooted... downloaded titanium backed up some apps and uninstalled the apps I backed up... now when I try to reinstall some of the backed up apps it doesn't work...

Why did you do that? I've never heard of anyone doing that before. Thats probably why your having issues.

Now when you go back to the Market can you install the app from there?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If you used titanium to back up apps you should be able to restore them. Basically open up the menu in titanium and press "batch". That will open up all the different options, and restore missing apps should be one of those options.

OP
F

fka466

Reaction score
They're apps that were bs stuff like voice.commands and dlna or whatever that one is and they're not on the market place

CD95YJ

Reaction score
They're apps that were bs stuff like voice.commands and dlna or whatever that one is and they're not on the market place

Still if you backed everything up properly TB should restore them. If not you'll have to sbf back to stock to get the gingerbread update.

OP
F

fka466

Reaction score
Can you spell that out for.me how to do that or link me a tutorial plz

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you used titanium to back up apps you should be able to restore them. Basically open up the menu in titanium and press "batch". That will open up all the different options, and restore missing apps should be one of those options.

But if he deletes the app is that still an app that's missing?

Only thing I ever did with Titanium was freeze apps before I wiped a phone.

OP
F

fka466

Reaction score
Well I looked up sbf flashing that seems like the deal but I need to.know what gingerbread is and also who.has the best tutorial for doing this stuff