tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
What is the situation with your phone?

Stock .219 with root and safestrap installed?

Leaked ICS .200/.206/.208 with root and safestrap installed.?

It's only going to work on Stock .219 rooted and with safestrap.

You might just want to fastboot back to .219 and start from the beginning. Flash, root, install safestrap and it's recovery....create your backup of your unsafe system then enable safe system....wipe data/factory reset and wipe davlik-cache (under advanced). Install AOKP and gapps, reboot.

Make sure you factory reset the "safe" system...preferably before the ROM install.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Yea I'm at stock .219 and not the leaked ics..that just seemed to complicated..
I'm satisfied with my 05_12 its just that youtube doesn't even work and wanted to show people me at the motorcross track..
I'll just keep goin down from 06-07..

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Yea I'm at stock .219 and not the leaked ics..that just seemed to complicated..
I'm satisfied with my 05_12 its just that youtube doesn't even work and wanted to show people me at the motorcross track..
I'll just keep goin down from 06-07..

For youtube to work you have to turn on hq. All ics roms have that issue.

Sent from my DROID4

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
O ok..I found out that the gapps i was using was the problem(2nd to last on the link).
So then I used the last the zip for gapps..bam!
But then 6-08 and 6-09 won't catch data..tried everything

cmacon888

Reaction score
Im having almost the same issue. Im running stock 219 with root and safestrap. When i first rooted it back in april i installed a rom but didnt like it so i took it off. I just tried agin this week to flash one of the ics roms and i keep getting stuck in a boot loop. Im certain that im doing all of the steps rights-switch to safe mode, wipe/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe delvic, format system-but to no avail. I cant figure it out, ive tried a couple of different roms, uninstalled then reinstalled safestrap 1.9 and whatever else.

Also to note: safstrap wont mount my external sd, i only bring that up because after i rooted i had to wait until i received one before flashing and i dont remember having any mounting problems before.

Moore2877

Reaction score
Im having almost the same issue. Im running stock 219 with root and safestrap. When i first rooted it back in april i installed a rom but didnt like it so i took it off. I just tried agin this week to flash one of the ics roms and i keep getting stuck in a boot loop. Im certain that im doing all of the steps rights-switch to safe mode, wipe/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe delvic, format system-but to no avail. I cant figure it out, ive tried a couple of different roms, uninstalled then reinstalled safestrap 1.9 and whatever else.

Also to note: safstrap wont mount my external sd, i only bring that up because after i rooted i had to wait until i received one before flashing and i dont remember having any mounting problems before.
wipe /system is in mounts and storage.

davestrrr

Reaction score
O ok..I found out that the gapps i was using was the problem(2nd to last on the link).
So then I used the last the zip for gapps..bam!
But then 6-08 and 6-09 won't catch data..tried everything

Hi I'm having the exact same problem here. Which google apps file did you end up using that worked? I am using gapps-ics-201204029-signed.zip and having these exact issues.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I used the 20120610 gapps..it booted up, but after 20min it wouldn't catch signal...so i restored my back up from b35.
I never got ur pm...inbox was full...try again

davestrrr

Reaction score
I used the 20120610 gapps..it booted up, but after 20min it wouldn't catch signal...so i restored my back up from b35.
I never got ur pm...inbox was full...try again

Thanks. Don't worry about the PM, I was just bugging you about this info. Basically, I downgraded to the 5/29/12 version of the droid 4 cm9 mod and everything worked. I think there might be something wrong with the 6/9 version that is causing this dim, non-responsive issue.

davestrrr

Reaction score
After experiencing some 4G data connectivity issues, I read around these threads and found that the 5/19 version avoids these issues. So I now flashed the 5/19 version, and then connected to 4G OK. So, it seems to me like the mods are accumulating errors? First losing data connection, then later losing all functionality with a dim, non-responsive screen. I still appreciate the hard work being done to make these mods available, but given that the mods are getting worse by the day, perhaps we need some consolidated list of bugs in each version and which version to settle on.