I'm Lost with MetaMorp, A little Help Please

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dynomite1371, Feb 23, 2010.

1. dynomite1371

dynomite1371 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the droidmod rom 1.0 ( 2.1 apps) Now I want some themes. So I got MetaMorph from the market, and ANDexplorer from the market. It does its checks and it opens (so I'm assuming I have busybox with droidmod, not sure though) I get pic a theme and exsisting theme. I choose "pic" theme, folder option "android themes" and there is nothing there........I guess not. I have not downloaded any, right???? I'm lost. I have been reading for hours and every little piece sends me further over the edge..............What themes are best for my current setup???

2. Mojo

Mojo Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You are correct you have not downloaded any themes yet. Create a folder on your SD card that is "AndroidThemes" and download the themes to that folder

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some themes work better if you unzip them on your local computer first, then copy the unzipped main folder over to the folder Joe mentioned.

As an example....I would extract the files from Mikes-theme.zip onto my local computer. Then I would have a folder called Mikes-theme. I would then copy that to the folder on my SD card.

-Mike

4. dynomite1371

dynomite1371 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK the folder is there "Android Themes", so thats good. But what themes do I get, from the market???? I mean every theme I see says must have ahome or open home. I have niether and what makes Metamorph different than ahome or openhome or do they work together. I,m all nobbed up on this one.......

5. FlipBack

FlipBack Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think pretty much everybodies favorite is smoked glass.

AllDroid - View topic - [Theme] Smoked Glass *Updated 02/08*

Download it from there and place the .zip file in the AndroidThemes folder somebody suggested you create above. Open up Metamorph and select the zip file, and apply all(or only what you want, but applying all is easiest).

If you don't like it, look around for other themes. :)

6. meekless

meekless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just find a theme in the forum that you like.
    examples
    Droidinator
    Smoked Glass
    ICE

edit: none of the themes are in the market, they will be here and at Alldroid.org

in my opinion, do not unzip first!!!
    create a folder, but i think once you have started Metamorph it creates it for you, called "AndroidThemes" exactly like this!
    but the zip folder in this folder
    start metamorph and click pick theme
    it will take a few minutes, and you will see the phone unpacking the zip
    it will then take u to a list of apk's to apply the theme to, you can pick and choose, or hit apply all
    the only one that will require a reboot is the framework-res

the reason i say let Metamorph unzip the file is because it creates a file with a suffix of .thm

so if you go back into Metamorph later and say want to apply the theme to a apk you skipped, or maybe added since, you click existing theme this time
    scroll through the list of folders till you find the .thm file, click on it and it will take you to where you choose the apk's to apply again, you dont have to re-unzip the theme again

and once they have been unzipped on the sdcard, if you want to then go through and change png images to something more your liking, then you can reapply the theme to that apk and your good to go. i included a couple of screen shots showing launcher and status bar png images i created

edit: Blake made the 3G, and USB icons, but i changed the signal strength bars, and the battery icon, wanted to give credit where credit is due!

Attached Files:

7. dynomite1371

dynomite1371 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I'm starting to get it. Can I just download theme on the phone and then place in folder, (without mounting sd to Mac)?? And my question about "open home" or "a home".....I guess these are not needed if using MetaMorph themes????? Thanks

8. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Here's some good reading: [MetaMorph] Post your Morphs - xda-developers

9. meekless

meekless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nope i wouldnt mess with the alternate home apps at all.

some of the zip files are a little big, so may take a few minutes even on wifi, but i see no reason why you cant download them directly from your phone
    just use Astro or something equal, to move the zip file to the AndroidThemes folder

10. MAP82

MAP82 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am also having a problem with Metamorph using DM 1.0. I have the smoked glass .zip in the AndroidThemes folder but Metamorph says cannot file control file and nothing ends up happening. There is a file called SmokedGlass-Theme-v2 in the zip file. Isn't this the control file?

11. meekless

meekless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yep that sounds like the zip file which should be put in the Android themes folder

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool theme meekless.

-Mike