I'm liking this ...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Installed 1.0 last night, stagefright this AM...

Got my droid invasion ringtone out of my backup and installed...

Question, can I remove any of the others without undue effect and clear up some phone memory?

and then was able to figure out that the incognito theme was the one which had the fonts missing out of the others.

Replaced the stock fonts (just to the stock theme itself) and I'm evaluating, so far I love it!

Now, a question on wallpaper, I have one I extracted from a backup I really want, how would one add it to the launcher apk?

I got it from the com.android.settings / files folder, and it is huge, but it is the one I want.

Thoughts?

So I'm on the Gem from FRG22 ... Thanks (or blame, depends ...) goes out to CK, you're going to get a headache with my forthcoming questions hehehe :)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Question, can I remove any of the others without undue effect and clear up some phone memory?

and then was able to figure out that the incognito theme was the one which had the fonts missing out of the others.

Replaced the stock fonts (just to the stock theme itself) and I'm evaluating, so far I love it!

Now, a question on wallpaper, I have one I extracted from a backup I really want, how would one add it to the launcher apk?

I got it from the com.android.settings / files folder, and it is huge, but it is the one I want.

Thoughts?

So I'm on the Gem from FRG22 ... Thanks (or blame, depends ...) goes out to CK, you're going to get a headache with my forthcoming questions hehehe :)

Removing other ringtones? You should just be able to delete them.

Don't know if you can add a wallpaperer to the launcher, but you can just put it on your sd card in a folder and it should show up in your gallery to be selected as a wallpaper.

Also I think Sapphire 1.0 is FRG01B not FRG22

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Don't know if you can add a wallpaperer to the launcher, but you can just put it on your sd card in a folder and it should show up in your gallery to be selected as a wallpaper.

Talica ...

Remove=delete. Sorry. Ok, so I'll pull 'em out.

And yes, I came TO Sapphire FROM FRG22 ... some would say astep down in build, however the dev's say there were no fundamental differences so I went for 1.0

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Talica ...

Remove=delete. Sorry. Ok, so I'll pull 'em out.

And yes, I came TO Sapphire FROM FRG22 ... some would say astep down in build, however the dev's say there were no fundamental differences so I went for 1.0

Sorry, misread your post, thought you were saying Sapphire was FRG22:blink:, it's early.

Must agree, Sapphire is great, been trying it out waiting for BB0.5:)

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the first full fledged ROM I've tried, have previously just used the leaked "stock" Froyo.

Verrrry nice ...

GADS! So while I'm updating my fonts, etc. My wife calls, her LG Chocolate slipped off her purse in the car into her water cup .......

I can't win. She called me on it, was working but sounds muffled, told her to batt pull and leave it alone until I can look at it.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is the first full fledged ROM I've tried, have previously just used the leaked "stock" Froyo.

Verrrry nice ...

GADS! So while I'm updating my fonts, etc. My wife calls, her LG Chocolate slipped off her purse in the car into her water cup .......

I can't win. She called me on it, was working but sounds muffled, told her to batt pull and leave it alone until I can look at it.

Maybe time to get her an Android smartphone...?

mtkregs

Reaction score

Verrrry nice ...

If she wants to keep the phone, try filling a ziplock bag with uncooked rice. Put the phone inside the bag and let it sit for a day. It sounds silly, but rice is a pretty great desiccant.

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we'll try that rice thing, at the same time I have the necessary tools for dissassembly if need be, until I get a look at it tonight (check water indicators, etc.) ...

mrlivingston

Reaction score
Using sapphire

Until now I had only been using the leaked Froyo rom. I was not really blown away by the 'features'. One thing I tire quickly of is the bloat that Google apps force upon you.

I ended up installing the google apps but used the SDK to remove the junk I didn't want (amazon mp3 store, corporate calendar, etc.)

LOVE Sapphire! I even got my brother to use it, he's pretty stoked about the speed and stability.

Thanks for your hard work on this ROM.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Dont use rice, it works... okay at best, it absorbs water by contact very well. Go here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/8539-how-deal-droid-thats-gotten-wet-right-way.html

If your wanting to save the phone, get some silica gel from a crafts store, i get mine from hobby lobby. Put it in a ziplock bag with the gel, the longer the better, I would recommend at least a week. My droid survived a dip in the washing machine of 10 minutes. Took a week in the silica gel, only lost functionallity of my LED notification.

RobStemen

Reaction score
When I dropped my D1 in the toilet (probably about a 5 second dip), I just took the battery out, opened the keyboard and let it sit out ~12 hours and when I woke up, it worked like awesome. I love my little trooper :)

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, hit that thread too. Basically I'll likely seal it ina bag with the gel, but I may take it apart first to place it in there... Don't know until I see it. We verified it is working (the LG chocolate, if you saw it, might have water behind around spkr, but no other real way into it, touchscreen is sealed on the front... but when i see it ...)

I like the new fonts I have, but may end up going back because the non bold it a bit hard to read on occassion ... :)

wingdo

Reaction score
When I dropped my D1 in the toilet (probably about a 5 second dip), I just took the battery out, opened the keyboard and let it sit out ~12 hours and when I woke up, it worked like awesome. I love my little trooper :)

I'd probably just have gotten a new one.

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well ... Got the phone last night. Seemed in good shape, took apart, nothing in the electronics section, seemed well sealed, blew out earphone and audio jack, when she told me it didn't go completely into the water in the glass, level was half to 3/4 of the phone for a minute....

Ok, so I continueed dissassembly, only found small trace amount of water in the speaker compartment (speaker has screen over it and the whole thing is a plastic unit of it's own, only way to describe it is that that water id not escape into the body of the phone itself)... Got that water out with no issues.

Batt indicator and phone body indicator were red, but it was clean itself.

She was using it (even after I told her not to ugh) but said the sound was not good.

After reassembling, turned on, no issues, and without the water I found in the speaker, that issue has gone as well.

In short = She got L U C K Y. (Having me capable of dissassembly helps too I suppose)

But she's happy now, which means I'm happy now.