I'm just trying to fix my phone. Dx

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Hacks' started by TechTinker, Apr 13, 2013.

1. TechTinker

TechTinker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

So I decided to flash Droid4HD awhile back because I was getting bored with the old Motorola interface and wanted to try the new Circle Widgets, and only having 1 screen if I wanted. I waited along time for 2.0 to come out so I can use 4.1 with the ROM. However since it might have been a while, I think I probably made a few misshaps.
    Can't remember wether I installed it on a safe portion first or stock, I'll go with stock first. After I rebooted I don't think it even worked, as I saw well not the ROM (I did wipe the caches.) So then I divided up and installed it on another part of the system. I got some problems that was stated like the HOME key stopped working. But then I also got problems like I got on my stock rom before like Facebook has crashed, this has crashed, my play store stopped working, same with my browser, and ect.
    After two weeks I got sick with it and started again with a Factory reset on my stock portion. Took a while to setup, wouldn't communicate right, everything google is crashing, I don't even know anymore. I just want my phone to run smoothly with Droid4HD 2.0 or CM10.1 if it has photoshpere and stuff like that.

2. TechTinker

TechTinker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok now I don't think it's charging, seriously guys I'm completly lost here. Oh and what about Mass Storage, how do you go about that now? I actually can't even find change charge / media usb options. Virtual keyboard dosent work either,

3. GigaJake

GigaJake Member

Ratings:
    +17
    If you installed it on your stock system, you're going to want to remove safestrap, and sbf back to the official Jellybean release.

If you're phone isn't charging and has a low battery, don't try to sbf at risk of it dying part way through and bricking your device. Either find a way to charge it or use a specially modified usb cable known as a "factory" cable that allows fastbooting without the need of a battery.

Once you successfully fastboot back, you're probably going to need to perform a factory reset to get it to boot. You'll have to boot into the stock recovery to do that.

After that's all said and done, please make sure you are on a romslot when flashing anything, not your stock system.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Search tags for this page

how to fix my speaker on my android zeta cell phone

i'm trying to fix my phone