Im just about to buyt the X and need some info.

Fanatic1074

Reaction score
Ok so i have a d1 and was going to upgrade to the X. Since im buying a brand new one it will prolly have the latest updates on it. Is this super one click root utility the best option for rooting? Seems very easy, Im not scared to do it another way if this is not a good option. Please advise.

Also im told that you can put the x in infrastructure mode with wifi tethering any info on that would be appreciated. thanks!

scarmack

Reaction score
first, i doubt youll have the latest updates. might even still be on 2.1 hahaha.

and i use super one click, and live by it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It should come out of the box 2.2 but i'm not sure if you'll be on the most recent moto update.

tappin and a talkin

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
My first advise to you would be read read read before doing anything.

And since they were having such issues with the froyo update getting stuck on the /\/\ it will probably come preloaded with froyo 2.2.

I hear z4root works on all versions up to the newest update. But this is hear say from me since I haven't used it.

And there is a $10 tether app in the market that people recommemd. $10 bucks for an app beats $20 a month for Hotspot.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Depending on when they received the shipment, you'll at least be on 2.2 but will shortly get the update to 2.3.340

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for z4root! Used it on 6 DXs and 4 D2s without issues.

And since they were having such issues with the froyo update getting stuck on the /\/\ it will probably come preloaded with froyo 2.2.

I hear z4root works on all versions up to the newest update. But this is hear say from me since I haven't used it.

And there is a $10 tether app in the market that people recommemd. $10 bucks for an app beats $20 a month for Hotspot.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
Fanatic1074

Fanatic1074

Reaction score

yea i have been trolling these forums for a while, my wife actually has an X but we got it when the x first came out and i rooted it right away manually. Ill still be reading like mad til i get off at 4 to go pick it up though.

What's the name of the app in the market? And does it support Infrastructure mode? I know WiFi Tether is free and it only does ad-hoc unless you have the EVO.

OP
Fanatic1074

Fanatic1074

Reaction score
Ok well one more questions while i have everyones attn, I see a few roms that seems to be on 2.3.340. Whats the best vanilla android custom rom to run and are there any gotchas i should know about?

My wife is running Fission 1.2 and she loves it, i would like something on the latest version of android.

OP
Fanatic1074

Fanatic1074

Reaction score
Ok guys thanks for all the info, i went and picked up the X but the first one i got had the screen problem. Where the screen was unresponsive about 40% of the time. I played with it for a couple hours and nothing fixed it. I wiped, updated, cleared cache everything i could think of then i found out via moto forums that it was a known issue, so i took it back to VZW and then picked up the new one.

It came stock with 2.2. I z4rooted(man thats way easier then ADB commands.) Then in installed Fission 2.4. Found out that there are issues with 2.4 unless you do the OTA update first, so then i had to find the SBF and reload it. Finally got that all taken care of and got Fission 2.4.2 installed and working great. The FRM (Fission Rom Manager) is pretty nice, i was able to resolve my second concern with their 3g hotspot patch. All in all it was a fun weekend :).

I have installed the overclocker app simply named Droid Overclock and it has a nice interface and seems to work well. Im using the medium voltage 1.3 Ghz OC profile. Its getting kinda warm and im a little worried. i got up to 116F. Whats the safe zone with the X? I have put it in LV 1.3 Ghz profile until i figure out what the safe zone is.

Please advise :)

Dustin.

Reaction score
1. Best Vanilla ROM? - GummyJAR, Fission has had too many issues for my liking and so far everyone (including my self) have switched to GummyJAR and would never look at a post of Fission again.

2. Overclock? - Each phone is different, sometimes you can't go with an automatic OC Profile, especially if you want to run your phone at 1.3GHz, you may have to mess around with the voltages a bit to get it to run right and stable.

My PERSONAL safe zone is 1.25GHz (Custom Voltages ofc.) and has been for about 2 weeks.

If your interested I can post my Custom Profile. Maybe this can help you out in finding your own safe zone! :D

EDIT - And since your already rooted, go to the Market and pick up a free copy of WiFi Tether, you can tether for free, and its wireless. ( I use it all the time, and I absolutely love it.)