I'm jumping on the bandwagon... or maybe jumping off

bookie

Reaction score
So I've really loved my D2 but today I put MIUI on a D1 and a Dinc. I gotta say it's probably the best rom I've ever messed with. Thanks to Motorola's locked bootloader we may never have such yummy goodness on the D2 or the X. It makes me sad :-(

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I've really loved my D2 but today I put MIUI on a D1 and a Dinc. I gotta say it's probably the best rom I've ever messed with. Thanks to Motorola's locked bootloader we may never have such yummy goodness on the D2 or the X. It makes me sad :-(

I very rarely comment on this because I know everyone loves their own ROMs. But I've yet to see one come down the line that is either "Bugless" or totally free of issues.

Except the Droid's own ROM, rooted.

Now I rooted my D2 for a while running the stock ROM and I lost my notification light. When I went back to stock via z4Root I had to sbf because I had all kinds of issues stemming from the boot straps and Clockwork Recovery.

So I agree the D1 is probably the best phone to root, unfortunately it's not the best phone available anymore.

OP
bookie

bookie

Reaction score
I'm considering dumping Motorola altogether lol

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm considering dumping Motorola altogether lol

^+1
My OG Droid was my first Moto product in over 5 years and WILL BE MY LAST. Not that I don't love my Droid but between their policies and their pricing and other issues I will not support them and eagerly await their failure (which now that they split the mobile devision is imminent, then again Sony is still around because of one division so...)

microsnook

Reaction score
I too would love to see a miui rom for the D2.

Or at least the phone app!

Should we start a donation thread to get the developer a droid2?
I believe the only reason there is no development is b/c the dev doesnt own a d2.

Anyone who wants to get miui running on the d2 needs to go into the Team MIUI thread for the D1 and post a thread for donations!

I would be happy to start such a thread, as long as we get a decent amount of people to participate.

Let me know

want a droid

Reaction score
To be honest, I doubt any donations the developer receives will be put towards a Droid 2. The developer would most likely put it towards a newer device, specifically one without a locked bootloader.

That's just what I would do if I was a developer.

microsnook

Reaction score
^yea i mean you could be right.

However, we could start the thread asking him to develop if we donate...see what he says.

Just ideas.