I'm hoping the Droid camera gets better

richie1378

Reaction score
I really hope this 2.1 update really fixes the issues with the Droids camera issues... if not, it'll be time to start saving for the next phone coming out to Verizon ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSdGRgv9bSM

I'm glad you also agree on how crappy the Droid camera/video is compared to the Iphone. If we had a choice, I'd rather lose the flash and have the Iphone's camera vs. the Droids. What's the point of taking a picture/video, if you can't even see what you're pointing at?! And for the people that say the quality would be better in low lighting, no, your pics turn out so grainy.

I actually posted a similar thread a while back too. :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/2393-droid-vs-iphone-video-recording.html

I'm crossing my fingers that will problem will be fixed with the next OTA!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Droid camera isn't the greatest... but it's not terrible. Given proper lighting it takes crystal clear pictures for me.... we all know in low light situations it struggles tho...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid camera isn't the greatest... but it's not terrible. Given proper lighting it takes crystal clear pictures for me.... we all know in low light situations it struggles tho...

First let me state the I know absolutely nothing about photography. As a result I'm easy to please when it comes to camera phones.

I quite honestly am amazed at how well the Droid does in low light. I didn't know a camera could work that well in those situations.

Obviously for me ignorance is bliss. I know my Blackberry Storm (1 and 2) couldn't deliver pictures this well. That's what I always compare Droid to and in every area so far Droid just rocks.:greendroid:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got some images from the Frozen Fenway BC vs. BU game... It was a night game under the lights... I'll post them up in a second...
a%3E

You can see some came out great... some not so great...depending on zoom or lighting. Overall I was happy with my shots. (I took a ton) And it was snowing... so that did create some 'fuzziness' in the images.
20100108171608.jpg

Last edited:

equake

Reaction score
My problem with the camera is not so much the PQ but the slow picture advance. The original focus problem is almost completely fixed but the speed of taking pics is slower than the other phone cameras I've used.

OP
T

theguy386

Reaction score
so I was in a hurry this morning so I only got to take a few quick pictures before work. All pictures taken under the exact same conditions

iPhone:
IMG_0004.jpg

Droid no flash:
2010-01-11070650.jpg

Droid Flash:
2010-01-11070628.jpg

LG Voyager:
(couldnt find it this morning)

Granted when the flash is on (in this small room) the picture does come out brighter. But as Richie stated... what if I was trying to record video under those same conditions? I'd be left with one really dark image. I'll upload the Disney video I have.

Only reason for comparing all these and stating the faults of the camera is for maybe a developer to create something or even motorola to come out with a fix

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can record with the flash.... just use a LED flashlight app to turn on the flash... then go to the camera :)

OP
T

theguy386

Reaction score
You can record with the flash.... just use a LED flashlight app to turn on the flash... then go to the camera :)

which flash application are you using? I've tried 2 so far, but the brightness you can use on the flash seems to be pretty limited :(