I'm having two major issues with my android.

Justabeard

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545L
Hello, a few days ago I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4, and I immediately discovered two major issues. Issue 1: It will not send or receive texts. Every time I try to send a text it looks and acts like it sent, but the person I texted does not receive it. Issue number 2: When I try to watch a video on YouTube the videa has about a dozen horizontal bars on it with each bar playing a separate section of the video. It is temporarily fixed if i change the resolution of the video but this only lasts at most 5 minutes. I have checked all the settings, tried a soft and hard reset, cleared the cache, everything I could think of. I really like this phone but if I can't get these issues resolved I'm going to return it. I am running Android version 4.2.2. If there's anything you could tell me it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

Have you tried removing the SIM Card while the phone is on. Now shut down and insert the SIM

OP
J

Justabeard

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545L
Hello, a few days ago I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4, and I immediately discovered two major issues. Issue 1: It will not send or receive texts. Every time I try to send a text it looks and acts like it sent, but the person I texted does not receive it. Issue number 2: When I try to watch a video on YouTube the videa has about a dozen horizontal bars on it with each bar playing a separate section of the video. It is temporarily fixed if i change the resolution of the video but this only lasts at most 5 minutes. I have checked all the settings, tried a soft and hard reset, cleared the cache, everything I could think of. I really like this phone but if I can't get these issues resolved I'm going to return it. I am running Android version 4.2.2. If there's anything you could tell me it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I did not try that but the texting issue resolved itself, still having trouble with YouTube though. Thanks though.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Welcome to the Forum.

Have you tried removing the SIM Card while the phone is on. Now shut down and insert the SIM

I did not try that but the texting issue resolved itself, still having trouble with YouTube though. Thanks though.

Believe it or not and no matter how strange it my seem, removing, rebooting and reinserting the SIM card has resolved some seemingly highly unrelated issues for members including me.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's called reseating the sim.. And in usually makes the device have a better network connection.. If you had text issues.. In this case.. If you were in the same area.. Perhaps it was a tower issue..

For your youtube issue. Try deleting the app and reinstalling the app.. I had this issue as well... It was really annoying.. But i could get it to stop by switching to full screen and back..

OP
J

Justabeard

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545L
I tried deleting the YouTube app but it came pre-loaded on the phone and only gives me the option to Uninstall updates, which I did and it still wouldn't play properly, I then tried rrinstalling the updates and still no good. Switching to full screen and back fixes it for a few minutes but then it goes back. I also tried resetting the Sim and it still won't play properly. Oh and I also tried updating flash player and that didn't work either.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmm.. You really can't fully delete youtube on an s4?? Wow..I didn't know that. I'm out of ideas other than a factory reset.. If that would even help.. I'd guess.. Take it back and get another one?

OP
J

Justabeard

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545L
Yeah I'm thinking that's what I'm going to do, it's a shame because I really like the phone. Oh well, thanks for trying.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I would exchange the phone as well. It could be a display issue...