I'm having a market issue

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by titans, Apr 11, 2010.

1. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running 9.8 with Nextheme...having a market issue where the downloaded section will show none of the free apps that I had previously downloaded. I have wiped data and cache partitions, tried the update.zip and nandroid backup method, and I still have this problem. Any idea how to fix this?

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    did you not do an app backup? did you wait about 10 mins after you installed the rom? they should have automatically uploaded back onto your phone?

3. titans

titans Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did app backup with Astro. However, once I installed my apps through Astro's app backup, they wouldn't show in the market's downloaded section. Should I retry installing my backed up apps and wait for a while?

4. supr2nr

supr2nr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't believe Astro saves the Market database information for the app as well. So if you restore apps with it, its possible that it won't show in Market.

Try downloading Titanium Backup from the market. After the install completes start it up. When your in the program click your menu button, then click on Market Doctor. I'm not 100% sure if Market Doctor is available in the free version or not but I believe it is. It will check all your installed apps and compare it to what Market shows and if they don't match it will add the apps to your Market's database.

#4 supr2nr, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  5. fUry327

fUry327 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Market doctor is Not available in the free version of Titanium. However I can confirm for anyone who has doubts about the programs ability to restore market links that the program works.

Unfortunately the dev is out of Switzerland so you can't get the paid version through the market, you have to donate by paypal. The dev is extremely responsive.

Only thing is the first backup should/has to be made with all market links intact. So I would reflash back to whatever rom backup you made and once its back up and running don't touch a thing in the market until you see every app you once had repopulated in the download section. Then download titanium, get the donate version, and do a full app backup.

After that its simple, you just flash to your new rom, install all apps through titanium, run the market doctor. Then download any app from the market and your downloads section should be repopulated.

6. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I easily could be wrong but I had thought I read somewhere that if you install any app it would repopulate the list.

7. titans

titans Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, that didn't work = \ The first time I installed this rom, I had no issues with the market. But I applied a JIT update that was meant for bugless beast and it messed up some of the phone info, so I reflashed the rom, and now I'm having this issue

8. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    anything purposely placed into the /data/app or /system/app directories will _not_ show up in the market under downloads. Seems the market uses some kind of caching for that list. Placing any package manually (adb push, adb install, or even any backup app) does not update this market cache, thus its not listed.

Hope this helps.

9. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Also thought i'd mention that any apps not listed in your market download section (due to above mentioned cache problem) then you will not get any notification of updates for such said apps. Not in the notification bar, nor from market itself.

10. titans

titans Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but the weird thing is the first time I flashed this ROM, the free apps DID show up. Any idea why it did then, and not now? And if it helps my market's download section filter is messed up also, it is mixing up the purchased and installed apps, if I remember correctly, it is supposed to filter them so that they are seperate?

11. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    That is because google sync beat you to it. Like mentioned earlier, if you wait 10 minutes or so, google will sync any and all apps you had installed from the last sync. This sync process seems to update the market, I'm guessing because it is a google app (like the market).

12. titans

titans Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From the last sync, I did install all of my apps through the market downloader as a precaution...so why didn't google sync get it this time