I'm hating 2.3.3!

Vastus

Reaction score
Sunday morning my wife said her phone started downloading an update. It turned out that it updated her phone to andriod 2.3.3. I ran update on my Droid X as well and go the same thing. There were several changes, some good and some bad, but mostly good. Now after having it for three days I HATE IT!! Both of our phones now have horrible battery life. Horrible. I have a spare batter and I rarely need it. When I do it's not until right before I go to bed. Yesterday I switched out the battery 3 times!!! For a good part of yesterday it was struggling to use the web. It didn't matter if I was using wifi or not, I was having the same problem. Either nothing was working or it was working very slow. Today everything has been running slow. I tried to make a call, and when I hit the call button nothing happened. I waited several seconds and hit it again. Then a third time. Finally is started calling....then called three times! I ended all the calls. Waited a few minutes and tried again. This time I hit call and waited several minutes twice with nothing happening. I finally gave up calling. I tried to text a family member whom I had just told about the update to let them know to hold off on it, but the phone wouldn't text. It would bring up the keyboard, but nothing would type in. Finally I just pulled the battery. This is what it's been like since Sunday. What is going on with my phone after this update? I loved my phone and I've had it almost a year. Since the update I want to take a hammer to it. Any suggestions?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
For a big update like that, I always do a factory reset just to start with a clean slate. Always makes things run more smoothly.