I'm going to start theming!

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Diordna, May 26, 2010.

1. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Hello, I'm backwards Android.
    I'm currently trying to learn how to do this theming thing and will try to learn from THIS thread.

I want to create themes that people use and love. Most likely the reason you guys do it too... or for your self personal themes too I guess lol

It's all new to me, but I'll do what I can to learn it and hopefully get help from you guys!
    And anyone that really understands this stuff I'd love for to help me, maybe even through an IM of some sort.

In the meantime, I'll be ready to learn and help out this community:)

Look at my attachment of a dialer theme I screwed around with. I did this pretty fast so I know it sucks, but I was just trying to get use to the feel of editing things like this:) My real themes when I get to it will be full of awesome stuff! Can't wait:)
  2. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Good luck! I have recently started toying around with it, no full blown themes just little parts here and there for myself, though the last two things I released.. It is a lot of fun!
  3. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Thanks!! Good to know it's a lot of fun! Any tips and whatnot to get started??
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

5. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Thanks!
    But wow that is longer than the thread I was looking at in the OP. Can you take a look at that one and compare it too the link you gave me?
    the one you gave me asks for a lot more tools and what-not, I want to understand all this stuff but it's hard!
    I feel like I was a month ago before I knew NOTHING about ROMs and themes and kernels and rooting and it was all mixed together and confusing to me. Once you passed that curve it's like wait.... this is easy. Why couldn't I just understand this before? lol

..but this theming thing is looking a lot harder (hoping it becomes easier and more natural)

And I posted a question in the ADB thread but it's dead in that thread (rhyme?)
    :)
  6. titans

That's not even a theming thread, that's just on how to use ADB lol. I'm assuming all you did was pull your phone.apk, edited the pngs, then pushed it back to system.
  7. bhughesiii

bhughesiii New Member

Thanks for posting this! I have been wanting to start making themes for a while now but was unable to find out how, or get anyone to point me in the right direction.. Thanks a lot! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
  8. titans

No problem
  9. Jokerz

Jokerz New Member

wow it takes a lot to make your own theme. It made me realize how hard some of these devs work. I need to start donating more.