I'm going to get an iPhone 5

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well it is just a rumor for now. I would like to have a motorola nexus possibly with an intel processor. But i'm also interested on Sony's, Lg's take on the nexus. I felt like those 2 have been the underdogs in the android world.

You won't see a Moto Nexus for awhile. Google doesn't want to look like they are playing favorites. I'd like to see Sony get a shot for sure. They make some sexy devices. I could live with either HTC or Samsung as well. Though I personally like the feel of Samsung devices over HTC. Many will disagree, but jmo.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
You won't see a Moto Nexus for awhile. Google doesn't want to look like they are playing favorites. I'd like to see Sony get a shot for sure. They make some sexy devices. I could live with either HTC or Samsung as well. Though I personally like the feel of Samsung devices over HTC. Many will disagree, but jmo.

I'm thinking that in late 2013 or early 2014 google will put out a top of the line moto nexus and that will be the first phone to launch with klp

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that in late 2013 or early 2014 google will put out a top of the line moto nexus and that will be the first phone to launch with klp

KLP will launch before 2014. The L dessert will at the very least be a rumor by 2014. Google has stressed that they operate as a seperate entity from Moto. You don't think other manufacturers would take it the wrong way if Moto is given the next Nexus device after the merger? I'm sure a Moto Nexus would be a great phone, but I seriously doubt it will be the next Nexus.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
KLP will launch before 2014. The L dessert will at the very least be a rumor by 2014. Google has stressed that they operate as a seperate entity from Moto. You don't think other manufacturers would take it the wrong way if Moto is given the next Nexus device after the merger? I'm sure a Moto Nexus would be a great phone, but I seriously doubt it will be the next Nexus.

I dont expect it to be the next nexus, moto needs to get back on their feet and put out some great phones like they did with the og DROID.

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I dont expect it to be the next nexus, moto needs to get back on their feet and put out some great phones like they did with the og DROID.

I totally agree with this. I don't like the Droid 3 or 4(or the fact that they were released way to quick), they felt like bigger and cheaper versions of the Og and droid 2. The razr seemed to be a step in the right direction but they pulled a classic motorola when the released the maxx a few months later. If they slow down the number of phones(and stop making new versions of the phones every other month) and bring up the build quality to give them a more premium feel like the Og/D2 they'd slowly come back. The Razr M gives me a bit of hope

musclemilk

Reaction score
Sounds to me the consensus is a new nexus isn't coming out any time soon.

Anyone know what the RAZR hd will consist of?

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Yea its just a minor update to me. No more capacitive buttons, a slightly bigger screen.
I also agree on the s3, i dont like the cheap plastic feel of the body. To me a high end phone should feel like one.

diablo81588

Reaction score
Yea its just a minor update to me. No more capacitive buttons, a slightly bigger screen.
I also agree on the s3, i dont like the cheap plastic feel of the body. To me a high end phone should feel like one.

Don't forget a HD screen, faster more efficient processor, and kevlar that wraps around the backplate to resist scratching.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Xander Crews

Reaction score
So far there is a 4 week backorder on these things

Further proof that the vast majority of iPhone buyers aren't buying phones based on specs or what the phone can actually do...they are simply buying because of the logo on the back. There is no other explanation.

I've handled and used the iPhone 5, and it just doesn't do it for me. A friend of mine just got one and he says it's too thin and too narrow, feels light and cheap, even though it's made of metal...which were my thoughts exactly.

I seriously don't get it when it comes to folks who love that phone.

diablo81588

Reaction score
I seriously don't get it when it comes to folks who love that phone.

There's two reasons, marketing and simplicity. Apple is a genius at marketing, and my 80 year old grandmother can use an iPhone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I like the new iphone.
I dont like it over Android but the iP5 hardware is nice.

The hardware on an iPhone has always been nice.
I think it's the fact that it is just lighter and thinner. It just doesn't have enough weight to it anymore where I think "quality' when I hold it.
Technically it is nice, but to me, personally...it just doesn't feel that way when I hold it. Too light...too thin...feels almost fragile.

There is a line at which lighter is no longer better when it comes to smart phones, and the iPhone 5 has crossed that line. And not to mention their lemon of a Map app, their OS that allows for half of what Android can do, and the severe lack of customizing available in iOS.
But we've heard it all before.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Xander Crews said:
The hardware on an iPhone has always been nice.
I think it's the fact that it is just lighter and thinner. It just doesn't have enough weight to it anymore where I think "quality' when I hold it.
Technically it is nice, but to me, personally...it just doesn't feel that way when I hold it. Too light...too thin...feels almost fragile.

There is a line at which lighter is no longer better when it comes to smart phones, and the iPhone 5 has crossed that line. And not to mention their lemon of a Map app, their OS that allows for half of what Android can do, and the severe lack of customizing available in iOS.
But we've heard it all before.

I agree. So far I'm not having an issues with maps....yet. I do notice that there is a fair amnt of info missing from it vs Google.

The battery life tho....is terrible.
I'm very surprised at that. It barely get 6-7 hours. And thas hardly using it. Smh. I have no clue where these Pro Apple tech sites are talking about saying that the battery is 'amazing'. It's far from it. TBH it's close to what my Tbolt is getting.