I'm going to get an iPhone 5

Bilgediver

Reaction score
It takes a second or two to reflow the text on the Web Page, which might hamper the speed in which you navigate the Web Page. But it makes reading Web pages much easier. The safari browser doesn't, just zooms in one the "picture" of the Web pages. Quicker, but less easy to read.

Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
It was interesting for me to go onto the apple forums and read about the iphone5.. i was shocked to see how many people are pissed off! go look for yourself. i thought about the iphone 5 myself, but NO more! id be afraid to now after all the problems i read about.

jtc303

Reaction score
Arkainzeye said:
It was interesting for me to go onto the apple forums and read about the iphone5.. i was shocked to see how many people are pissed off! go look for yourself. i thought about the iphone 5 myself, but NO more! id be afraid to now after all the problems i read about.

Just browsed a couple forums... Kind of funny all anyone talks about is how sexy it looks and how light it is, plus 4G of course... with so much hype you figure there would be more worth mentioning..

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Things I like about the iPhone:
  • Build Quality
  • Phone Design
Things I dislike about the iPhone and why I would never buy it:
  • Pretty much zero customization abilities
  • No flash
  • No widgets
  • No removable battery
  • Tethered to iTunes
  • No file transfer via bluetooth
  • User interface is dull & dated
  • Removal of Google Maps in iOS6 & replaced with Apple Maps, which is horrible
  • No SD-Card
One thing about the iPhone 5 is that I can understand folks loving the way it looks, it's a great looking phone...but then what is the first thing folks go out and do after getting an iPhone? They buy a protective case that covers it all up. Cases just ruin the best feature the phone has.
Meh...it's a very nice phone, but when you compare it against the high end Android phones? Nah...I couldn't see myself ever getting one.

To each his own though. If you like it and it works better for your situation than an Android phone does, then go for it.

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Yea its mostly the design and build quality that made me wanna go toward the iphone. But i'll hold off on my decision to get one until i get to mess around a nokia lumina 920 and possibly the new nexus(if the bastard comes to vzw :icon_ devil:)

Xander Crews

Reaction score
WAIT!!!! Scratch "build quality" off of my "likes" list of the new iPhone.

Apparently, the finish on the iPhone 5 chips and flakes off easily. Nice. :biggrin:
They chip so easily, that some were already chipped when they took them out of the box, brand new.
Apple's Schiller: iPhone 5 Scratching, Chipping Is 'Normal' | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
Some guy wrote Apple asking what was going to be done about the scratching/chipping issue and Schiller himself replied and said, "Any aluminum product may scratch or chip with use, exposing its natural silver color. This is normal."

Uh, normal? Are you kidding me??
On brand new devices only a day or two old? And I like how he says, "...exposing it's natural silver color.", like seeing the silver is some kind of pleasant thing..."oh, there is it's natural silver color, isn't it nice? It's natural, so it's ok."
What a tool.

Why do people love that company? All they do is screw over their fans and talk to them like they are idiots when the point out a flaw, such as Antennagate: "You're holding it wrong." or now, Scratchgate: "Scratches are normal." Because Apple could NEVER do anything wrong...no, of course not.
And some bloggers are saying scratches are no big deal because folks put cases on their phones anyway. What?!?!? How is that even a valid response? First, why put a boring/plastic case over what is supposed to be the most elegant metal and glass phone on the market? Second, why even buy an iPhone if the major selling point is how it looks but you are going to put a case over it??
Makes zero sense.

Also, I got to play with a new iPhone 5 today as a friend brought one over.
Honestly and seriously, I wasn't impressed...at all.
It felt too light, and kind of cheap...but the cheapness may have been due to the plastic-like bumper he had on it...which totally killed the look and the whole vibe of the phone.
And it looked odd...like it was too tall for how wide it was. It looked skinny...and not in a good way...in an odd way.
And upon using iOS6, I was reminded again how great Android is. You really can't do anything in iOS except open an app. No widgets, no menus, just one button. Ugh. I felt trapped.
I got out my phone and I was like, "Ahhh...this is so much better." So many more options and things you can do.

And, of course, I asked her about Apple Maps. And she acted like wrong directions, missing towns, screwed up 3D maps, etc. were no big deal...she wasn't concerned. She said she was real happy to have turn-by-turn navigation and would trade off the quirks/bugs to have turn by turn. I'm like, "What good is turn by turn if it takes you to the wrong place, 8 miles away from your actual destination???"

I seriously, really, really, really don't get the iPhone fanboy/sheep. They just don't make any sense at all.

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Wow now that's bad! Reminds me of the Xbox 360's red rings of death. Hmm.... Now this is gonna make me think twice if not three times. Kinda a bummer. I mean i do dig how the phone looks and i wanted to get an iphone, but aluminium is a soft metal but still arriving with the phone already scratched? I shouldn't have to buy a case, screw that. I'd be pissed off to fork over that kind of cash and to get my phone all dinged up. Maybe its a bad batch.

Yea i don't get the apple fanatics either. There was some guy waiting at one of the new york apple stores for a week just for the phone. I mean i wouldn't mind a midnight realease(since i go to those for a couple video games) but waiting for a whole week now that just a bit on the crazy side

musclemilk

Reaction score
Interesting thread.

I have had so many droids,
Og droid
Droidx
Rszr
Nexus

I live my nexus.....jelly Bean is so smooth and fast.

I want to try out iPhone 5 but not sure.

Maybe galaxy s3..? But it feels plastic.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't think I could ever go to an iPhone because one of my most favorite things to do with my Androids is setting up the home pages and designing some of my own widgets. It would drive me crazy not being able to do that.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I don't think I could ever go to an iPhone because one of my most favorite things to do with my Androids is setting up the home pages and designing some of my own widgets. It would drive me crazy not being able to do that.

Same here! Sometimes I want nothing on my home screen except the background and clock, other times I may have it full of awesome icons. I couldnt handle looking at the same screen day in and day out. Another thing is I can not stand the keyboard on an iphone.

jtc303

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:

Yessir.. I change my look like I change my underwear

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

On my Nexus7 I have a different photo slideshow on each screen, no icons on the homescreen because they are all in the dock, my ICE and radio toggle widgets on the lockscreen.
On my phone I have my icons custom made to theme with the wallpaper on 2 screens and a slideshow on the 3rd. Radio toggle and ICE on the lockscreen as well. Same with my Galaxy Tab
Yes the homescreen on my Ipad drove menuts, especially having to do several steps to turn radios on/off.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post